Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it you've never had to manage a challenging situation or manage an organisation through adversity?

Is it not obvious that almost a total new team, lack of new striker (out of Koeman's control) plus the fixture list we were given was always going to be extremely challenging

Need to support the team while they ride it out

£6m a year would probably cushion it a tad.

The losses against the big teams dented confidence going into other games, again obviously. And the Europe fixtures and travel

All of this is obvious. I'd be very surprised if Moshiri sacked him - unless there's a real relegation threat. Rightly, he'll be thinking long term, as you guys should be doing

I admire what you're trying to say mate, but there comes a point where the future is now. And that's where we are.

We would all love Koeman to turn this round, but it's his fault we are where we are, playing as we are. There's no future in playing like this. None.

As for your comment on we should be supporting the manager and players. How about they give us something to support?

Whether Koeman stays or not, that money has been wasted.

And the 6m a year on Koeman has been wasted.

Or we can stick with him and with time maybe things will turn once Bolasie, Mori and Coleman return. Even before that I believe we just need to shut out the shop, win a couple of games 1-0 and crop up the confidence. Then these players looking gash will look like their proper selves.

As we have had during Koemans reign. Unbeaten run / City / Arsenal games come to mind. But lets not rewrite history and pretend Martinez was anything other than an awful manager.

I dont get why it has to be so black and white? Team Koeman or Team Martinez?? No... Neither are good enough for us the way I feel at the moment. Big club? Lets start acting big.

if you read my posts I stated that both Koeman and Martinez are/were failures. Just that I preferred the first 18 months of the latter's compared to the formers. as I said though they've both failed as has everyone since 96

I admire what you're trying to say mate, but there comes a point where the future is now. And that's where we are.

We would all love Koeman to turn this round, but it's his fault we are where we are, playing as we are. There's no future in playing like this. None.

As for your comment on we should be supporting the manager and players. How about they give us something to support?

I'm shock at your change of opinion mate.

The problem here is the fans rather than the manager - small minded, short termist couch potatoes who will get stuck in at the first sign of of bad run, compounding the negativity, when actually what the team, and manager needs to get out of this situation is some strong support.....

One of the best strikers we've had statistically has been Romelu Lukaku - underappreciated and criticised by the fan base - who then wonder why he rubbed in his goal celebration on his return

Martinez deserved the criticism in the end and was kept in a year too long - he'd been given plenty of time however. Koeman hasn't had time yet - lots of change in the team and a tough fixture list which isn't getting any easier - Lyon, Arsenal, Chelsea coming up....

Who would you replace him with? David Unsworth? (with respect, total gulf in terms of experience). It was hard enough to get him in and a replacement of the same callibre would be hard to come by. People wanted Lukaku out and then discover how hard it is to attract and land a quality replacement

The best thing fans can do is support Koeman and the team - provide the positivity to help turn results around. Buying a striker and center back in Jan will help the cause...

Have you been watching the games mate??? What a load of drivel you have just written!

The blame has to come back to koeman. One time in second half there was 5 players within 5 yards of each at the edge of there box. Great except Burnley had the ball ! Absolute rubbish again and not one for knee jerk reactions but this needs to addressed by the board before we are in real trouble !

Whether Koeman stays or not, that money has been wasted.

And the 6m a year on Koeman has been wasted.

Indeed - Rom was the golden goose and we basically killed it and spunk'd it on mediocrity...
Now we have no immediate assets to sell and if by some miracle Ronk turns it round our war chest for next season will be pitiful.
Depressing times...

I'm sick of him. He ought to shut up because a new manager might clock onto the fact how spent he is at the top level and find a replacement.
And I'm sick of hearing that several of our players are sick of our manager(s). Recurring themes here. Even though, to be honest, I'm starting to get sick of the manager and players too. All in all, sickening!

In my opinion we haven't got the capacity to spend any more money on new players. So we'd have to go with what we've got. Thats my concern for any new manager coming in.

It's genuinely terrifying that if this group of players don't click then we're stuck with them. It's not even like we've got any assets to sell.

Stones, Lukaku, Barkley... They were our money in the bank should we need to freshen things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back