Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly blocked moves for Lennon and Mirallas, yet they can't get in the squad?

They should be on the pitch tbh. Play Mirallas up front if need be, he's a bigger goal threat than DCL. We need to get right back to basics.

Lots of managers would be interested in managing us for 6 million a year. I just know our board won't pay another 10 million to sack a manager, so we're stuck with him. We'll be in the bottom three by Christmas. Can we hope he'll jump ship to another job? We got him in based on his name, not his capabilities as a manager, perhaps another club will be similarly foolish and he'll fancy going elsewhere. What a dream

Take it you've never had to manage a challenging situation or manage an organisation through adversity?

Is it not obvious that almost a total new team, lack of new striker (out of Koeman's control) plus the fixture list we were given was always going to be extremely challenging

Need to support the team while they ride it out

I don't understand why yourself and some other blues completely absolve Koeman for the transfer window, specifically us not signing a striker. We are not Manchester City, nor are we PSG. We don't have infinite resources, we have finite resources. Koeman has to work with a budget- a budget better than any other Everton manager in my lifetime has had. Perhaps he should have replaced Lukaku and made that his priority before spunking nearly £70 million on number 10's leaving us scrambling around on deadline day like amateurs.

It's a complete and utter mess. Baines, Williams, Martina, Calvert Lewin, Niasse, Vlasic... You really rate all of these players as they are right now to be starting games for us?

I wouldn't have any of them in my starting XI nor actually on the bench, bar Baines. But they're the better performers atm so deserve to be playing.

Yes but do they do the basics right? Like Williams passing the ball back to strikers, like our 2 DMs only playing back and sideways.

To be crystal clear, I am not absolving Koeman of any blame. He has reasons to be criticised but lets just take a minute and acknowledge how some of our professional/expensive players are playing utter garbage football. Lets alsi acknowledge Walsh and the board for not getting the striker in nor the defender in - which Koeman had been crying for in August.
We sign a striker if we don't sign Gilfi. That much is very clear with the whole Barkley/phantom striker bid debacle.

The players are a bunch of losers and stink, that much is clear. I mean, we've seen it time and time again.

But ok, Koeman doesn't know the tactics to utilise his players nor the best formation for them. He also hates wingers and for someone who played for barcelona, hates football in general.

None of this is a good mix. I believe Koeman is at a point of no return with his squad right now. They have 0 confidence in him and neither do the fans.

The sour grapes from people over Moyes is rotten. He done a brilliant job here on a shoestring budget. A lot of other managers would have had us relegated.

I've been quite disappointed to see how he ended up being shafted at United, and the shattered confidence afterwards.

One thing is for sure though if he had the budget Koeman just had we would be in an entirely different situation now. The man was meticulous with the level of planning he clearly put in to each signing. Then afterwards he always came up with a plan to maximise our very limited talents.

I always thought the lack of money for moyes did him a favour as we kept a consistent team so everyone knew there jobs. It made us hard to beat and players improved as the could refine the role. Had he been given money he may well have cocked it up.

The sour grapes from people over Moyes is rotten. He done a brilliant job here on a shoestring budget. A lot of other managers would have had us relegated.

I've been quite disappointed to see how he ended up being shafted at United, and the shattered confidence afterwards.

One thing is for sure though if he had the budget Koeman just had we would be in an entirely different situation now. The man was meticulous with the level of planning he clearly put in to each signing. Then afterwards he always came up with a plan to maximise our very limited talents.

Thing is, the new Moyes is the one whose confidence has already been shattered. He wouldn't be the same manager. But agreed, it's immensely disappointing to see him as the manager he is now. I feel overall very fond towards him despite the Baines/Fellaini debacle.

I remember at the beginning of this decade, there was a distinct sense that we would be that much better with just a bit more money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back