Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas' attitude has been erratic from Martinez's time. Remember the penalty incident and how many times he found himself out of the team after that?

Lennon right now people will accept but he's very limited and an impact sub at best vs avg teams.

Lookman I believe is the deal but its one thing building the boy's game slowly and giving him confidence as he steps up to PL. But to put him straight in and expecting him to be Mbappe is ridiculous. Vlasic must have proved in his overall attitude that he is more a fighter hence he got more minutes. He played LW vs Limassol but today Niasse drifted to left to run in channels hence Vlasic started running through the middle.

I believe both Lookman and Vlasic are gonna be great for us in the future as we up our game and as they are complimented by Sigu and Rooney and our future striker in addition to DCL.

Support the team and Koeman lads! These times will change!
COYB!
I appreciate your optimism.

But for me, Mirallas has always been erratic - like any winger. The worst part with the penalty popped up under some of the worst moments of Martinez. The point is, we are generally a better team with him in it.

Lennon, fine, better vs the average teams. So why doesn't he get some minutes today? Why not sell him if there's going to be no.chance to play at all?

Niasse being forced wide to run the channels today was a travesty. Almost like Koeman purposefully wanted himself to look right. He needs to be in the box getting on the end of chances, not creating them because we have no wingers to do so.

Siggy and Rooney cannot play in the same team. So don't know where you're going with that. It's Siggy>Rooney for me.

Lookman is barely getting a 'Look-in' with Koeman, despite some of our better performances having him in the side. Can't see that changing soon!

Yeah I wouldn't mind us taking a chance and see of he's up to it, I was just thinking if there is a top manager available would it be worth our while going for them. I don't think there was a massive choice of top managers when we got Koeman.
It's only worth going for a top manager if we've clearly got money to invest in the team. I really don't think that's the case. If we ain't got the money then we need a young progressive coach who can develop young players and over achieve with the resources at his disposal. Unsworth may or may not be that guy, I'd like to find out because I think he's a very good coach at U23 level and he's Everton through and through. Either way - Koeman needs to go.

Even as I call for Unsworth I am aware of the what could happen after the honey moon period is over.

I'm just a bit worried about how bad this could get. A poor defence and no proven goal scorer.
I'm with ya fella really I am.. Been here before though with an ex manager have'nt we. I'm hoping and praying he'll sit down and go WTF have I been trying to do. Just seems we've started where we left off at the end of the season which is a huge concern for us all. No wonder I've no hair left and what is left it's grey... GOD EVERTON why do you do this to us

if you believe that anything positive will come out of that lot today mate you must be mad, we are absolutely rubbish, we have bought garbage, we have a manager who has no idea how to organise a team defensively or from an attacking perspective,the crowd at Goodison are apathetic towards it. Why? because it is normal for us to be [Poor language removed], we have been for years, an absolute joke of a football club happy to be miles behind everyone else...what a pointless organisation

Christ, 90% of the teams in the Football league would kill to be where we are, but carry on if it's helping you.

I still agree with a lot of what he says. It's very, very difficult in the Premier League to win games when your players are low on confidence. The problem is it's his job to figure out ways to win games, and you'd think he has enough at his disposal to at least find a way to score some goals. That's the worry for me – we have absolutely no reliable goal threat and I haven't seen anything to think that will change anytime soon.

We currently have;

3 Full England Internationals 23/24 years old: Pickford/Keane/Barkley
6 U21 England Internationals: Kenny/Holgate/Davies/Dowell/Lookman/DCL
2 High potential Full Internationals: Vlasic/Onyekuru

David Unsworth won the u23s league last year and strengthened with a few signings including Lewis Gibson and Dennis Adeniran (England u17 /18s) and we also have others such as Connolly and Walsh on loan and unknowns such as Nathangelo Markelo (Holland u19s).

This club really has some top young players....that I don't trust Ronald Koeman with.

It's only worth going for a top manager if we've clearly got money to invest in the team. I really don't think that's the case. If we ain't got the money then we need a young progressive coach who can develop young players and over achieve with the resources at his disposal. Unsworth may or may not be that guy, I'd like to find out because I think he's a very good coach at U23 level and he's Everton through and through. Either way - Koeman needs to go.

Jardim from Monaco.

We currently have;

3 Full England Internationals 23/24 years old: Pickford/Keane/Barkley
6 U21 England Internationals: Kenny/Holgate/Davies/Dowell/Lookman/DCL
2 High potential Full Internationals: Vlasic/Onyekuru

David Unsworth won the u23s league last year and strengthened with a few signings including Lewis Gibson and Dennis Adeniran (England u17 /18s) and we also have others such as Connolly and Walsh on loan and unknowns such as Nathangelo Markelo (Holland u19s).

This club really has some top young players....that I don't trust Ronald Koeman with.
Mate I don't trust Koeman with the senior players, let alone the youngsters!

How can you start with Williams and Cuco the clown at the back?,Baines is bommie wood and offers nothing anymore yet is our skipper?two DMs sat there again,tactical masterstroke taking Vlasic off and bringing Davies on wide right after the other night,when you've got Lookman on the bench,bombed Jonjo Kenny out of the squad,he is slowly killing the great work of our academy,can't see any way out of this mess unless he changes his ways or the board act,he appears to be alienating himself from his players and us the supporters, ask yourself,do you think any of the clubs occupying the positions we aspire to would put up with this uninspired rubbish?No,me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back