Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his first three seasons of managing teams in the Premier League, he's finished seventh, sixth and seventh.
He's totally doing my head in at the moment, but that's a pretty decent record he's got there, so I'd stick with him for the moment.

but do you see anything in him that suggests he can do more than that?

i dont think its worth sticking with him if the answer is no. and the answer for me is no Woolly, and was when they hired him

If it was just results but we was actually playing well id say give it time. The thing is we have been poor since the start of preseason. No one knowes what the formation or style of play is meant to be.

Agree mate, nearly every week he has me scratching my head at his decisions. And as you say, we don't even know what way he is trying to get us playing.

Man City have sacked managers who won the league because better were available.

I am disgusted that he is still Everton manager after the shambles that has been in full flow since last April!
How they(Koeman/Walsh) have not addressed the major issues is totally beyond me, they knew Lukaku was on his way,another centre back was required and we are left with Baines as our only LB option, the number of players out on loan is laughable who may well have been in contention now,Connolly,Dowell,Pennington etc, the Niasse farce,I could go on!!

In his first three seasons of managing teams in the Premier League, he's finished seventh, sixth and seventh.
He's totally doing my head in at the moment, but that's a pretty decent record he's got there, so I'd stick with him for the moment.

Most of that down to the striking quality of Mane and Lukaku. One he fell out with and the other he suggested should leave last October.

He got lucky with Van Dyke too.

He has just rolled the dice with the Summer signings and it's an absolute shambles.

Not getting near 6th this season that is for sure.

but do you see anything in him that suggests he can do more than that?

i dont think its worth sticking with him if the answer is no. and the answer for me is no Woolly, and was when they hired him

The honest answer at the moment mate is no, but that is the same for the vast majority of managers. Very few of them can put a team together which is better than the sum of it's parts, and when it does happen, then even fewer of them can keep it going.

We could fire Koeman tomorrow and appoint Unsworth or someone else, but we'd likely be having much the same conversation in two or three years time.

Most of that down to the striking quality of Mane and Lukaku. One he fell out with and the other he suggested should leave last October.

He has just rolled the dice with the Summer signings and it's an absolute shambles.

Fell out with his own signings too, Tadic etc

Fell out with his own signings too, Tadic etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back