Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just very depressed right now.I knew that it would take time for the team to gel.But we should be doing a lot better then we are.We have problems serious problems.The league table will you that.16th place and two points above the relegation zone.That just isn't good enough.Im getting more angry with Koeman by the week.

Brighton a
Arsenal h
Leicester a

Need to beat Brighton I think or Everton will be in the bottom 3 after 10 games.

I am not sure that a managerial change will turn it around anyway. I don't think it's a case of a squad underperforming but a poor manager and football board who have made poor signings

if you believe that anything positive will come out of that lot today mate you must be mad, we are absolutely rubbish, we have bought garbage, we have a manager who has no idea how to organise a team defensively or from an attacking perspective,the crowd at Goodison are apathetic towards it. Why? because it is normal for us to be [Poor language removed], we have been for years, an absolute joke of a football club happy to be miles behind everyone else...what a pointless organisation

None of us believed the players were garbage when we were signing them.

Koeman improved our defence last season by a mile. Its there to see.

We lost Coleman, didn't replace him. That was wrong.

We did not strengthen the LB and CB area either and are paying for our lack of depth there. Last season we were lucky we didn't had a settled defence.

This form of our has been horrendous. Some of our big players are playing like a shadow of themselves. Its a very difficult moment. Koeman needs to improve his tactics and management and the players need to up their game. I'd prefer Gibson over Schniderlim at this time cos of his forward intent.

Unless we are sure we have a definite plan if we sack him, I say we stick together and ride out the storm.

Most of that down to the striking quality of Mane and Lukaku. One he fell out with and the other he suggested should leave last October.

He got lucky with Van Dyke too.

He has just rolled the dice with the Summer signings and it's an absolute shambles.

Not getting near 6th this season that is for sure.

Aye, there's some truth in what you say there, and maybe he got lucky with having those three players, but I can't really think of a manager who would have done substantially better than what he did with those players. People will throw names out like they're all of a sudden, experts in appointing managers, but the reality is that we're all hurting cos we're playing awful at the moment, so we'll just hit out at the nearest inanimate object.

To be fair, it would be hard to miss Koeman, there's a lot of him to hit.

Man City have sacked managers who won the league because better were available.

I am disgusted that he is still Everton manager after the shambles that has been in full flow since last April!

Bingo.

We all praised him last season for this no nonsense, brutally honest manager, and this new Everton that means business.

Well he's spent £200mill and we're going backwards. Time for the club to act like a big club

While we didn't buy well in the last window, no centre half or centre forward in particular, but the players we have are better than the team. It is the sum of the total is less than the sum of the parts.
Koeman needs to get a grip on things very quickly as they are starting to get away from him. My fear now is that the players are not going to want to play for us, we will find it very difficult to attract quality.

Its still early days. I do think he'll be given the chance to turn this around but if the players want him out its curtains for him.

The honest answer at the moment mate is no, but that is the same for the vast majority of managers. Very few of them can put a team together which is better than the sum of it's parts, and when it does happen, then even fewer of them can keep it going.

We could fire Koeman tomorrow and appoint Unsworth or someone else, but we'd likely be having much the same conversation in two or three years time.

the difference though us we may get a manager who gives us belief that we MAY take that next step. we currently have a manager who IMO is almost a guarantee that we wont.

Im just bloody bored with this crap choice the club made and would prefer get some excitement back in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back