Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an incredible post.

And even if MoshirI, and yourself it seems, was expecting defeat in certain games, was he expecting the absolute bending over that occurred in them?

Is that acceptable to him?

The mask is really slipping on this fellow now.

Although he mouths platitudes about Everton being ambitious and hungry to compete at the top table and how the fans "deserve" a winning team, it seems to me he is another "know your place" merchant whom is happy enough getting by in mid table so as to keep the Sky millions coming in.

Him and Koeman are made for each other.

This nails it, that is his business model, remaining in the premier league is his definition of success.

Actually, I think RK mis-calculated the Del Boy File too.

How we could have done with a bit of magic on the wing yesterday or at least someone our mediocre no 10's could pass to.

Kicked Del out but never replaced him. Kicked Niasse out but never replaced him.

What? They activated a buy-back clause; there was literally nothing we as a club could do about it.

This nails it, that is his business model, remaining in the premier league is his definition of success.
Thought this for a while and if you look at the appointment of Koeman in this light, it makes perfect sense. An average manager who looks comfortable dealing with sell to buy and still producing a good league finish. A new version of Kenwright's David Moyes.

And this is what the EPL has become.

A cash cow for fourteen owners and thirteen sets of fans.

Sadly I am having now to subscribe to this "top six" theory.

They are now in a league of their own.

The fourteen other owners are accepting of this and their only aim is to stay in the top flight.

Most of them do not even want to finish 7th in case they get into the Europa League and screw up their survival chances the following season.

The fans of thirteen of these clubs are totally cool with this idea.

The Stokies, the Baggies, the Sainties, the Barcodies and the rest of them are four square with owners for whom merely staying in the EPL is the ends in itself.

"Oh how spiffing.....I can go down Vicarage Road this afternoon and buy a half and half scarf because Man. Utd./ Arsenal/ Chelsea is in town....I hope we can keep the score respectable, eh wot".

And then there is us.

The good old Evertonians whom steadfastly refuse to accept second class status and will continue to rail against the complacency and downright apathy at the rotten core of our beloved club.

Every last one of us on here, be they grizzled old unreconstructed Blues from the 60s and 70s, children of the glittering 80s, survivors of Wimbledon Day and grateful to Gareth Farrelly or just plain old innocent Millennials whom were brainwashed by family members like me to become part of our footballing family........we ain't having it.

We will never willingly accept the glass ceiling nor will we sit and mildly applaud the absolute dross we are supposed to gratefully receive :rant:

COYBB

Moshiri has already said that Koeman had a big say in all the players brought in, all those players would have been Walsh' and Koeman's choices because there is no way we would have brought someone in without Koeman's nod of approval.

Don't think anyone should doubt this Lou.

But the one thing I won't 'entirely' blame RK for is the striker.

That's massively down to the board and Walsh imo. Koeman asked (publicly and clearly privately) ever since May for that issue to be addressed.

But we don't create clear chances anyway, so not sure what good it would do.

The issue is not whether we sack him now or at Christmas....the issue is who is available to replace him. And the fact of the matter is Ancelotti has just become available. It would be another massive mess up if they sack Koeman later on only for Ancelotti to have got a job elsewhere.

I think, at the very least, Moshiri needs to be sounding out Ancelotti at this point. If he's genuinely interested, as highly unlikely as it is, then it's a no brainer to cut our losses with Koeman and bring him in. If not, no harm in checking either way.
What's Ancelotti's record like with clubs not filled with superstar players, I've never really rated him myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back