Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he was good, but have you seen his goal scoring record ??? Its similar to Rooneys!!!
A phenomenal 239 goals in 685 appearances. That's better than one in three (yes 1 in 3) as a centre back or a quasi-midfielder.

We've had supposed centre forwards who should be bloody envious of a scoring rate like that. I'd expect our set pieces to get much better as well.

Don't think it was that as much as he'd been promised a certain time, and those promises/standards weren't met. It's an analogy more than anything.

Thought it was a good read. I don't think anybody is under the impression that he's here for the love of the club.

But neither was RM, or Moyes.

They just have different techniques on how they operate.

We needed someone like Koeman to come in after the farce in the last few months of the season. It's done everybody a world of good.
I don't disagree that we needed someone like him after Martinez, long may the renaissance continue.

That said, if the story about him displaying his anger at wait staff for being minutes late is a true story, then he was being a tool to the wait staff. He's sitting down to a meal as a multi-millionaire with a bunch of other multi-millionaire's that play a game for a living. To have the utter gall that he matters enough in the grand scheme of life to give crap to some people that are nowhere near multimillionaires because he had to wait an extra five minutes is a prime example of tool behaviour.

Having standards for your staff is one things. Being a tool is quite another. But, as I ended my initial post - if he wins us things, I really don't care. But let's not kid ourselves, this is precisely how this forum handled Martinez's first season. We all fawned over his press conferences and talked about his courage and brilliance. Perhaps it's a bit early to say Koeman is the Chosen One? Let's see how his methods actually play out over longer than 6 games.

If I was him I'd walk. Been let down at board level (tv money has vanished) and out to championship team in league cup

Showed tonight how badly he was let down by the people in charge of negotiations over the summer.

Generally the play wasn't bad, we dominated the game, but there was no focal point and no one clinical to score without Rom there. When the likes of Crystal Palace have Remy AND Benteke on their books, there's no excuse for Enner Valencia being our 2nd choice.

First bump in the road and a pretty bad one at that. Not a fan of rotating when you haven't got Europe to play in. If anything the squad is going to be underused throughout the winter now.

Koeman was right. We're not going to win the league, so why throw away our chance at a trophy?

Showed tonight how badly he was let down by the people in charge of negotiations over the summer.

Generally the play wasn't bad, we dominated the game, but there was no focal point and no one clinical to score without Rom there. When the likes of Crystal Palace have Remy AND Benteke on their books, there's no excuse for Enner Valencia being our 2nd choice.

Spot on. Completely.

Only thing I think Koeman did wrong tonight was leave Valencia on. He should have been hooked after 45 for Kone.

Other than that, not sure what he could have done. He had to rest Barry, so Cleverley was just an unfortunate consequence of having the depth of a puddle in this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back