Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lucky to have this guy, was wondering how long it would take to hear on the radio that United should of gone for him and not Jose, and low and behold while I was driving before those very words poped out on the wireless thanks to the Talk Sport Radio station!!

The same people on the same radio station were saying pretty much the same thing about Arsenal missing a beat in not replacing Arsene with Bobby in the autumn of '13 ;)

I'm just sayin' :blush:

Catterick and Kendal - neither of them were known for burning the candle at both ends as far as being at the training ground was concerned. It worked for them.

I don't mind any approach at all, provided it gets results.

If we finish in the top 6, I'll conclude that his approach is fine.

To me it shows the clarity of thought, simplicity of the approach and the message. I am a firm believer long hours can show inefficiency as much as it might show hard work and dedication.

No issue. It's a simple business to show success. Every week you prove if you're a winner or a loser.

Under Martinez swan in at half 10 and sit down and eat your lemon drizzle cake, nothing could paint a metaphoric picture of the last two seasons under that beaut better than that.

What an absolute chancer he was, imagine if he was still here, he would be 100% had it not been for Moshiri.

Not really, sitting down at half ten for a bit of cake sounds fun and great, neither of what it was last season.

So really, it doesn't paint a metaphoric picture at all.

Under Martinez swan in at half 10 and sit down and eat your lemon drizzle cake, nothing could paint a metaphoric picture of the last two seasons under that beaut better than that.

What an absolute chancer he was, imagine if he was still here, he would be 100% had it not been for Moshiri.

Only heard at the weekend that Mirallas was 13lb overweight.

Ron tied a further 13lb weight to him during training to show the difference it made

Quality and intensity of training trumps quantity.

On the differences between England and the Eredivisie, Koeman said, ”Of course the Premier League is in all aspects is better than the Eredivisie that is obvious . But I would say hypothetically that FC Barcelona , Real Madrid , Bayern Munich & Atletico Madrid would be fighting for the title if they played in England.

”In a general sense if you are not physically strong then your technical ability must be superb in order to have a chance to compete as a player in the Premier League. What we do here at Everton in training and in matches is that we play in a really intense way for example 5 against 5 with the will to win and not just to do the drill. The margins are small but our tempo is very high . We train for an hour and a half and not 2 hours but we train in a really concentrated and intensive way and players find that difficult. I was at Manchester City’s training yesterday and if you look at how many fit players that they have in relation to last season it is a massive difference and that is down to the way that they train.”

On tactics Koeman added, ”I am an advocate of retaining ball possession rather than chasing the ball and building from the back but in some cases if you are much more direct you can also be more dangerous and I believe that you have to find a balance between both styles of play and that does not always happen in the Netherlands. I also believe that it very naive to only play football one way . However It is important to stay true to your football idea’s ”.

http://www.football-oranje.com/koeman-train-really-high-intensity-everton/

After the Arsenal game I was pretty much resigned to the fact he couldn't change (the West Ham game had swayed me well and truly onto the fence).

From then on in it was painful to watch.
After our many debates, I garnered no pleasure is seeing the worm turn. I really didn't enjoy going the match last year, and the fan based split online was also not enjoyable. Least 99.9% of us are currently behind our current boss!

After our many debates, I garnered no pleasure is seeing the worm turn. I really didn't enjoy going the match last year, and the fan based split online was also not enjoyable. Least 99.9% of us are currently behind our current boss!

As Koeman was always my first choice (though Emery would have been superb) I'm delighted

On tactics Koeman added, ”I am an advocate of retaining ball possession rather than chasing the ball and building from the back but in some cases if you are much more direct you can also be more dangerous and I believe that you have to find a balance between both styles of play and that does not always happen in the Netherlands. I also believe that it very naive to only play football one way . However It is important to stay true to your football idea’s ”.

http://www.football-oranje.com/koeman-train-really-high-intensity-everton/
It's fair to say there's an imbalance at the moment with too much concentration on knocking it to Bolasie. Nothing wrong in that as long as he holds it up well and we get enough bodies up in support. It doesn't happen enough, though imo. When we do get numbers into the opposition final third, however, we show what we can do with a lot neat interplay. That much has been retained.

It's fair to say there's an imbalance at the moment with too much concentration on knocking it to Bolasie. Nothing wrong in that as long as he holds it up well and we get enough bodies up in support. It doesn't happen enough, though imo. When we do get numbers into the opposition final third, however, we show what we can do with a lot neat interplay. That much has been retained.
Martinez only had one style of play, he'd seen Barca dominate for the last 10 years and thought "Hey, that's a good way to play isn't it".

Koeman obviously is a very proactive coach, and tries to take the good bits from a couple of styles and gel them together, Martinez would have long ball goals, goals from corners chalked off if he could because they are ugly goals to him, the idiot, he grossly neglected major parts of the game due in his own pig headed ways, and he ultimately got the sack because of that.

Martinez only had one style of play, he'd seen Barca dominate for the last 10 years and thought "Hey, that's a good way to play isn't it".

Koeman obviously is a very proactive coach, and tries to take the good bits from a couple of styles and gel them together, Martinez would have long ball goals, goals from corners chalked off if he could because they are ugly goals to him, the idiot, he grossly neglected major parts of the game due in his own pig headed ways, and he ultimately got the sack because of that.
That's just a caricature. Be serious.

I think all but the clueless realise that Booby was clueless.
Koeman is anything but. However, he has a somewhat brutally candid persona (opposite of the BS spouting El Coco) which, I imagine after a while, might become abrasive...especially when/if things turn south .
For now though? I'm very pleased we got Koeman. He was just what EFC needed after the ravages of El Fraudo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back