Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed tonight how badly he was let down by the people in charge of negotiations over the summer.

Generally the play wasn't bad, we dominated the game, but there was no focal point and no one clinical to score without Rom there. When the likes of Crystal Palace have Remy AND Benteke on their books, there's no excuse for Enner Valencia being our 2nd choice.

This is spot on. There was absolutely no presence up top, hence the Norwich defenders looking comfortable for most of the game.

I don't really know what Enner Valencia does but from that I can confirm he absolutely can't play centre forward by himself.

Only thing I think Koeman did wrong tonight was leave Valencia on. He should have been hooked after 45 for Kone.

Other than that, not sure what he could have done. He had to rest Barry, so Cleverley was just an unfortunate consequence of having the depth of a puddle in this squad.
FNM at left back wasn't a good idea...

offwithhishead2-killtext_zpse334b8b8.gif

Only thing I think Koeman did wrong tonight was leave Valencia on. He should have been hooked after 45 for Kone.

Other than that, not sure what he could have done. He had to rest Barry, so Cleverley was just an unfortunate consequence of having the depth of a puddle in this squad.
He got plenty more wrong than that in hindsight.

Norwich made ten changes from the team that played on the weekend. We really should be beating their reserves with that team.

As a lot of people pointed out, the lack of presence up top made it easy for Norwich.

Considering Rom was out we probably needed to be full strength everywhere else to make up for how much we'd struggle in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back