Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
First real test coming up this week after that defeat.

This side has lacked the confidence to bounce back from abject performances in recent years, can he fix that? I believe so but we'll see on Saturday.

Yes and the 6 changes were totally normal for me. And the subs were hopeless??? What did you expect him to do, putting Erwin, Dunc and himself on the pich?? Mirallas, Bolasie and kone were the only attacking options and he used them.
Apart from Holgate who he played instead of Oviedo that was the team I thought he would pick. Personally I would have gone another route but the team and the subs were very predictable for him.

Apart from making the subs earlier he couldn't do much more and frankly we were no better when Bolasie and Mirallas came on. In fact I think we were worse. Gerry was starting to get good chances regularly and eventually one would have gone in.

This side has lacked the confidence to bounce back from abject performances in recent years, can he fix that? I believe so but we'll see on Saturday.
Tonight's result definitely adds another layer of interest to the game against Bournemouth.

As you have already mentioned, the Everton of the last couple of seasons would probably struggle after a loss like tonight. Thankfully Bournemouth lost too.

I have faith that Koeman can get them into gear for the weekend.

We will be completely different once Rom is back in the team. The West Brom game showed that.

I don't know why, but I just got the impression that Koeman really wasn't arsed about going out tonight.

The team selection and the subs being left late, despite everyone seeing that it wasn't working screamed 'I don't care'.
If that's the case he succeeded.

Well in Ronald.

I don't know why, but I just got the impression that Koeman really wasn't arsed about going out tonight.

The team selection and the subs being left late, despite everyone seeing that it wasn't working screamed 'I don't care'.
Not to mention his post match interview. His focus is on the league because he sees that, injuries permitting, we have a chance of Euro qualification.
To turn an 11th placed team into a top 6 one would reflect very well on him and might earn him a shot at managing a top side in a year or two. I don't see too many wembley appearances in the near future.

I think we have seen tonight just how bitter a small minority of people are over Martinez getting the boot.Keep the faith they said while that clown had us heading towards the championship.Yet here they are after the first defeat of the Koeman regime looking for blood and twisting the knife.lolTonight was disappointing but we'll put things right at the weekend.Believe me come the end of the season.With the FA Cup back in the Goodison trophy cabinet and a place in the top 6 no one will care about an early season defeat to Norwich in the mickey mouse cup.In Koeman We Trust.CYOB.

I think we have seen tonight just how bitter a small minority of people are over Martinez getting the boot.Keep the faith they said while that clown had us heading towards the championship.Yet here they are after the first defeat of the Koeman regime looking for blood and twisting the knife.lolTonight was disappointing but we'll put things right at the weekend.Believe me come the end of the season.With the FA Cup back in the Goodison trophy cabinet and a place in the top 6 no one will care about an early season defeat to Norwich in the mickey mouse cup.In Koeman We Trust.CYOB.
They're not genuinely bitter mate...it's a shtick, a bit of a wind up.
Stirring the pot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back