Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can he play a full strength side in the previous round then a weakened team tonight?

Doesn't make sense.

Yeovil / Norwich
Stekelenburg / Stekelenburg
Mori / Mori
Williams / Williams
Holgate / Holgate
Oviedo / Coleman (stronger first team player back in squad)
Gueye / Gueye
McCarthy / Cleverley (injured)
Barkley / Barkley
Lennon / Lennon
Bolasie / Deulofeu (rotation)
Lukaku / Valencia (injured)

Makes perfect sense.

How can he play a full strength side in the previous round then a weakened team tonight?

Doesn't make sense.

Yeovil / Norwich
Mori / Mori
Williams / Williams
Holgate / Holgate
Gueye / Gueye
Barkley / Barkley
Lennon / Lennon

Makes perfect sense.

@Zatara @NSNO_Phil_1878

That clears that nonsense up.

Yeovil / Norwich
Mori / Mori
Williams / Williams
Holgate / Holgate
Gueye / Gueye
Barkley / Barkley
Lennon / Lennon

Makes perfect sense.

But what was the average age of the team?

Probably a good thing we got knocked out for a couple of reasons. One it lowers our expectations as a couple of injuries and we are stuffed and two it gives Koeman more of a reason to put pressure on the club to make sure we never have a shambles of a transfer window again.

I think certain players will be looking for a new club come January, we know they are.

I tend to only call defeats abject if we were dominated and our players look lost. If you lose due to a freak goal and because you had a mare in front of goal then it's just unlucky* and one of those things.

*Of course they could have played better and carved open more clear scoring chances but sometimes things don't always work like that and the known unknowns take over, obviously things I'm sure would have been different had we got a penalty in the opening few minutes.

If we want to see abject performances look up the Liverpool, Sunderland and Leicester games from last season.

Apart from making the subs earlier he couldn't do much more and frankly we were no better when Bolasie and Mirallas came on.

Exactly, there was no tactical adjustment to react to them blocking our wings, he just swapped two wingers for two others.

I can only assume deep down he wanted out of this cup, if not he's completely missed the bleeding obvious which would be more worrying.

I tend to only call defeats abject if we were dominated and our players look lost. If you lose due to a freak goal and because you had a mare in front of goal then it's just unlucky* and one of those things.

*Of course they could have played better and carved open more clear scoring chances but sometimes things don't always work like that and the known unknowns take over, obviously things I'm sure would have been different had we got a penalty in the opening few minutes.

If we want to see abject performances look up the Liverpool, Sunderland and Leicester games from last season.
These ones mate?

Oh. I threw in the West Ham horror show for good measure, hope that's ok.

We've come miles in a few weeks.

Could it be that he realises that the use is so weak he can't afford the luxury of this cup. He needs to keep the front line players he has fit and fresh until he can bring in some replacements.
Yes, one thing is very clear from last night. Our manager has no time for the distraction of a cup run. He wanted us out of this as soon as possible.

Probably a good thing we got knocked out for a couple of reasons. One it lowers our expectations as a couple of injuries and we are stuffed and two it gives Koeman more of a reason to put pressure on the club to make sure we never have a shambles of a transfer window again.

I think certain players will be looking for a new club come January, we know they are.
Never a good reason to be knocked out of a cup...

Yes, one thing is very clear from last night. Our manager has no time for the distraction of a cup run. He wanted us out of this as soon as possible.
What distraction, we are not in Europe so have no fixture pile ups.
In my books we have 3 achievable targets
Europa league
FA Cup
league cup

We should try to do our utmost to achieve these targets

As for last night crap performance, very pedestrian and short of creativity, but these things happen. The test is now we show character and carry on our unbeaten run in the prem...

What distraction, we are not in Europe so have no fixture pile ups.
In my books we have 3 achievable targets
Europa league
FA Cup
league cup

We should try to do our utmost to achieve these targets

As for last night crap performance, very pedestrian and short of creativity, but these things happen. The test is now we show character and carry on our unbeaten run in the prem...
Well, we've already surrendered in one of these competitions and the white flag was raised by our manager in picking a reserve team, not taking any control during the match and making Martinez-esque substitutions.
Why didn't he tell the fans to not bother turning up last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back