Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having it that Koeman wanted out of the league cup, if that was the case then why throw Mirallas and Bolaise on and take the risk of one of them getting injured?
Koeman made no effort to win this game. He doesn't want the distraction of a Cup run to deflect him from his objective of a top six finish. Yes, he brought Bolassie and Mirallas on, but the match had gone by then. In fact, it went as soon as he picked his reserve side to play.
As other posters have said, that's 50% of our chances of a trophy gone

VLqpTIu.png

Utter tripe if people think he didn't want to win the cup; the easiest way to establish himself is to deliver a trophy first season and this was a good opportunity.

It was one of those games, things not going right and players not turning up or taking ownership on the pitch. He's naturally going to rotate players and give the so called fringe players a go, they need to accessed in a game.

We are out, we'll move on the issue is responding and ensuring the league campaign keeps moving along until the F.A cup starts. January window will be open and players will be at peak levels, we'll need addition's to kick us on and give the first reamers a bit of a wake up call as well

Disappointed, yes; calls for concern, no

Oh, look. Here's me on Martinez when he led us to LC defeat against Fulham a couple of season's back:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ay-24th-sept-20-00.60658/page-76#post-2251136

Looks like I was way more objective about Martinez than you'll ever be about Koeman.

...something to bear in mind when you're next snooping in the vaults.
I'm dissapointed, can't deny it, but if and it is an if we beat Palace and Bournemouth then all is good again.

It's also going to do a fantastic job of weeding out those with the anti-Koeman agendas.

The sooner that's on the table the better.

This is me saying I was dissapointed, but you have been digging him out for weeks despite, prior to last night, us winning 5 of 6.

I'll call it how I see it, to claim you were objective on Martinez is laughable BTW.

Disappointing performance last night, I don't really think our starting 11 was any weaker than the team played in the previous round, although that was against even weaker opposition. We still had enough quality to win and we created enough chances to. We were far too wasteful of the chances we created and we definitely missed lukaku up front. Valencia strikes me more of the kind of striker you want on the shoulder of the last defender and running into space, he doesn't have the physicality to hold up the play with his back to goal and Norwich gave us no space in and around the box.

Over to koeman to get us to bounce back this weekend and the world will appear rosy again

Koeman made no effort to win this game. He doesn't want the distraction of a Cup run to deflect him from his objective of a top six finish. Yes, he brought Bolassie and Mirallas on, but the match had gone by then. In fact, it went as soon as he picked his reserve side to play.
As other posters have said, that's 50% of our chances of a trophy gone

If the match had gone by the time he brought Bolaise and Mirallas on, then why risk bringing them on in the first place, and risk the chance of one of them picking an injury up. Also, why start Gana who has been excellent for us, and risk him getting injured.

Koeman IMO picked a team that he felt was easily good enough to beat Norwich, but the problem was we were crap in the final third without Lukaku.

The other thing to remember is, Norwich made 8 changes to the team that started against Forest.

If the match had gone by the time he brought Bolaise and Mirallas on, then why risk bringing them on in the first place, and risk the chance of one of them picking an injury up. Also, why start Gana who has been excellent for us, and risk him getting injured.

Koeman IMO picked a team that he felt was easily good enough to beat Norwich, but the problem was we were crap in the final third without Lukaku.

The other thing to remember is, Norwich made 8 changes to the team that started against Forest.

Agree with all of that.

Don't blame that on just the absence of Lukaku though. We still created chances, and Del and Barkley were particularly guilty of not putting them away.

Agree with all of that.

Don't blame that on just the absence of Lukaku though. We still created chances, and Del and Barkley were particularly guilty of not putting them away.

Really cheesed me off last night Del, had a great chance to stake a claim for a starting place against Bournemouth, but blew it.

Think what someone needs to tell Barkley is, when he's in and around the box, he doesn't need to take that extra touch, just shoot FFS.

At least a defeat gives something for Koeman to get his teeth in to. Must have been very frustrating when we kept winning and he wanted to bollock someone (other than Ross).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back