Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he made a mistake with the team selection last night. It's easy to argue the side should have beaten Norwich reserves and they should have, but I just don't think the starting 11 had enough goals in it. A front 3 who aren't goal scorers really.

Having said that Koeman will now know that some of those players are nowhere near of the level he requires to achieve what he wants, and I fully expect them to leave the club before next season.

Although i disagree with the premise, i do think that Koemans sole target this season is Europe via the league in the hope of attracting better players in the summer.
Any Everton manager should realise that if you win a trophy here you are a legend. It's not like we have a heavy EL programme, so the two cups should be given equal weight with the PL.

Its just some of that short termism I spoke about yesterday David.

These trifling cups dont help our goal this season sadly.
Not arsed about the PL season, tbh. I know where we'll finish right now: a pat on the head place between 6th and 8th. We had that loads of times and it's worthless...utterly worthless.

Any Everton manager should realise that if you win a trophy here you are a legend. It's not like we have a heavy EL programme, so the two cups should be given equal weight with the PL.
This is Ronald Koeman were talking about. He's already done the legend bit with Barca

Ain't dat the truth. I care not if we continue as we are
He might see the LC or FA Cup as a nuisance but we cant afford that.

The way some talk of this manager in terms of "he wont be with us long and he'll do things his way" completely puzzles me. There seems to be some huge assumption behind it that he's just resting up here a couple of seasons waiting until Luis Enrique moves on from Barcelona.

He's miles off that and he has to prove he's worthy of being our manager.

Not arsed about the PL season, tbh. I know where we'll finish right now: a pat on the head place between 6th and 8th. We had that loads of times and it's worthless...utterly worthless.

I'd normally agree with you but I think that if we are to really change under this new ownership, and the proof of that is still to come, then we have to improve in the league before anything else. I'd be saying that whoever the manager was. If this really is the "project" some people talk about then it has to be more long term and it has to start with us being in that Europa bracket of 6th to 8th to start with.

I am a little more optimistic than you, i think we will finish between 5th and 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back