Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious that Koeman will need a few transfer windows to design a squad built to his own slant and vision and to get rid of the duds that the last regime left behind.Were on the road back to where we should but there will be bumps along the way.I have full trust in Ronald Koeman and his vision for this football club.
Not having ago but I bet we can find the exact statement regarding RM and the 2 or 3 transfer windows, unless something special happens we are still only going to get players from teams that finished below us

Holgate was benched because he's a 19-year-old cb and our first choice RB (one of the best in the league) was no longer injured.

Galloway has a long way to go still. Davies shouldn't 'always' be on the bench.

If an older player was motm he wouldnt have been dropped.

Davies should always have a spot on the bench as we have no central midfielders better than him.

If an older player was motm he wouldnt have been dropped.

Davies should always have a spot on the bench as we have no central midfielders better than him.

Do agree to some extent about Holgate. Was playing well and think it was unfair to drop him - that said I think Coleman justified his return. Also reckon Koeman see's Holgate as a CB.

Davies I completely agree though. He should be on the bench, if not starting every week. Hasn't really put a foot wrong and is no worse an option than Cleverley. Plus gives us 'energy' which RonKo has been booming on about.

Do agree to some extent about Holgate. Was playing well and think it was unfair to drop him - that said I think Coleman justified his return. Also reckon Koeman see's Holgate as a CB.

Davies I completely agree though. He should be on the bench, if not starting every week. Hasn't really put a foot wrong and is no worse an option than Cleverley. Plus gives us 'energy' which RonKo has been booming on about.

MATE?!

I'm hoping to see a response from Koeman on Friday. Maybe something along the lines of giving Valencia a chance to play off Lukaku, rather than persisting with the vogue formation despite Barkley's poor form.

He's going to have to use his initiative if he's to keep getting results out of this fairly limited set of players over the course of the season.

Agree with this. Not exactly sure what he should do differently but I don't make 6mm a year to make the decision. Feels like the current form of our players in the 4-2-3-1 formation isn't quite working. Mirallas and Barkley have been ineffective. I'd like to see him make a tactical change.

3 at the back?
Barkley deeper?
Deulofeu or Valencia as a number 10 / alongside Lukaku?
Lennon or Cleverley in?

I wonder what message it gives to the u23s when a motm is dropped to the bench and Davies is dropped from.the squad having played well enough.to keep their places.

Strange to play Cleverley in front of Davies...at least Davies adds alot of energy and can thread a pass and make a tackle.

Who deserves a place on the bench ahead of him then, the options are:

Cleverley
Gibson (injured)
Besic (injured)

Right, I thought you meant as a whole.

Clevs played well the other day - but Davies should be on the bench (at least) friday. That doesn't mean he has to be in the squad every time though. When he's ready, he'll play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back