Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galloway has been playing well for West Brom and gets forward better than Oviedo.

He had a shocker against West Ham but my point was he's better off getting game time than just purely being back up.

Oviedo isn't going to develop any more - which means he's fine as back up. Galloway needs the game time to develop.

It will be very telling the response against palace Friday night. Two poor performances now and going by Koemans comments he is not happy at all. Friday night under lights at goodison should be a big occasion and players need to react positively.
It will take a while for the manager to see what players have the right attitude and mentality and a couple of transfer windows to sort out what he wants from the team

It's the correct one.

Holgate apart - and even then there's a long way to go - Davies isn't ready and despite a poor display the other day, Oviedo is still better as 'back-up' than Galloway.

Galloway needs to be playing regularly and would be wasted as back-up. A solid season at WBA under one of the best defensive managers in the league, and he may well be ready for the step up by this time next year.

Galloway is better than oviedo and i thought we were discussing whose better?

Davies should always be on the bench.

Holgate went from motm to benched.

Oviedo is a lovely man.
And a terrible footballer.

Holgate is an able deputy - nothing more.
Same with young Davies.

We need additions, not an over-reliance of youth.

I'm hoping to see a response from Koeman on Friday. Maybe something along the lines of giving Valencia a chance to play off Lukaku, rather than persisting with the vogue formation despite Barkley's poor form.

He's going to have to use his initiative if he's to keep getting results out of this fairly limited set of players over the course of the season.

I'm hoping to see a response from Koeman on Friday. Maybe something along the lines of giving Valencia a chance to play off Lukaku, rather than persisting with the vogue formation despite Barkley's poor form.

He's going to have to use his initiative if he's to keep getting results out of this fairly limited set of players over the course of the season.
Strange how this squad has gone from the best squad since the mid 80's to a limited squad

I get confused at times:)

Holgate was benched because he's a 19-year-old cb and our first choice RB (one of the best in the league) was no longer injured.

Galloway has a long way to go still. Davies shouldn't 'always' be on the bench.

One of the biggest issues from the last couple of years was players not losing their place in the team/squad when not performing. Why should a 19 year old be guaranteed a place on the bench no matter how well/poorly he's been training etc

One of the biggest issues from the last couple of years was players not losing their place in the team/squad when not performing. Why should a 19 year old be guaranteed a place on the bench no matter how well/poorly he's been training etc
He shouldn't but there's no suggestion that is is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back