Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to love him, but don't rate him at the moment at all. Hope he can start pumping quality crosses in for Lukaku.

Deulofeu's move: Get the ball at his feet, get one on one with a defender, stop, then nick the ball past the defender with his toe and chase after it, attempt to cross but get closed down or tackled. He has nothing else in his locker, seemingly.

Then Bolasie's move, if you can call it that: Gets the ball in loads of space, instead of blasting forwards like any normal winger, he breaks into a half-jog, caressing the underside of his foot over the ball when a defender is in front of him, then either runs it out of play, kicks it out of play himself, or gets tackled.

Bolasie is a clown...

Deulofeu can go past defenders and into the box for a pass or shot, also last season he showed he can be an assist machine for lukaku.

He just needs a run of games.

Bolasie is a clown...

Deulofeu can go past defenders and into the box for a pass or shot, also last season he showed he can be an assist machine for lukaku.

He just needs a run of games.
Well mate, I agree with you. Deulofeu is miles, miles better than Bolasie. Neither of them will ever score more than a handful each season, but, like you say, Deulofeu was setting up Lukaku on a near weekly basis until he was mysteriously dropped from the team by Martinez last year.

Now imagine Deulofeu if he can also add that killer instinct to his game, or even slot one in three one-on-one efforts with the keeper ...

I want to see him flourish with us. I want to see him be able to last 90 minutes, or at least more than an hour without looking dead on his feet. Still feel he can realise his potential, hopefully at Everton.

Well mate, I agree with you. Deulofeu is miles, miles better than Bolasie. Neither of them will ever score more than a handful each season, but, like you say, Deulofeu was setting up Lukaku on a near weekly basis until he was mysteriously dropped from the team by Martinez last year.

Now imagine Deulofeu if he can also add that killer instinct to his game, or even slot one in three one-on-one efforts with the keeper ...

I want to see him flourish with us. I want to see him be able to last 90 minutes, or at least more than an hour without looking dead on his feet. Still feel he can realise his potential, hopefully at Everton.

Heres the thing, when he has played for Spain U21s hes been on for 90mins and been lethal...

Its just about giving him confidence.

Heres the thing, when he has played for Spain U21s hes been on for 90mins and been lethal...

Send him to Belgium under the guise of Kone (might take some doing, but anything is possible) and ask for an extended chat with Roberto. He'll come back so full of himself and so sure of his ability.

Enrique, Emmery, Martinez and seemingly now Koeman didn't see Deulofeu as a regular starter, yet a few GOT posters think they know more. Is that the FIFA generation talking? Because I know who I'd trust.

They just beat San Marino u21's 3-0. What is it that you're suggesting? That that is good prep for City away? He'd get knocked off the ball, wave his arms around at the ref all whilst city are attacking us again. What an horrendous point.

They just beat San Marino u21's 3-0. What is it that you're suggesting? That that is good prep for City away? He'd get knocked off the ball, wave his arms around at the ref all whilst city are attacking us again. What an horrendous point.

With that logic, losing to Norwich and Bournemouth with a draw against Palace would show that Koeman wasnt doing an effective job as (using your own language) its a horrendous set of results.

This twitter account of his is embarrassing. It's not what our managers should ever do. It really is just a matter of time that it becomes a controversy, because a feller like that is bound to say something regrettable. I'm surprised the club have allowed him to continue with it.

This twitter account of his is embarrassing. It's not what our managers should ever do. It really is just a matter of time that it becomes a controversy, because a feller like that is bound to say something regrettable. I'm surprised the club have allowed him to continue with it.

Fantastic stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back