Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm....sorry I'm failing to see the problem. Care to elucidate please ?
I just dont think a manager of a club like this should be tweeting. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd rather my manager wind his neck in and stop using photos like that to underline what a 'professional' he is and constantly banging on about fitness all the time. That last pic with the message is cringeworthy.

It might be acceptable at S'ton and other such non-clubs, but not here.

I just dont think a manager of a club like this should be tweeting. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd rather my manager wind his neck in and stop using photos like that to underline what a 'professional' he is and constantly banging on about fitness all the time. That last pic with the message is cringeworthy.

It might be acceptable at S'ton and other such non-clubs, but not here.
I personally don't use Twitter, my life's not interesting enough to babble about constantly and neither is most other people's. That said, many people do and it's an important part of mass communication in the modern world, it's what they say that's relevant not where they say it . In that context most of his 'tweets' I have seen have been innocuous and reveal a dry humour I personally enjoy.
The tweet you are referencing seems in this vein, perhaps designed to light heartedly accentuate the slogan behind which I agree with . I personally don't find it embarrassing at all. These things are always subjective though.

I personally don't use Twitter, my life's not interesting enough to babble about constantly and neither is most other people's. That said, many people do and it's an important part of mass communication in the modern world, it's what they say that's relevant not where they say it . In that context most of his 'tweets' I have seen have been innocuous and reveal a dry humour I personally enjoy.
The tweet you are referencing seems in this vein, perhaps designed to light heartedly accentuate the slogan behind which I agree with . I personally don't find it embarrassing at all. These things are always subjective though.

I cant think of one positive thing a manager could get out of a twitter account like that. It screams ego to me. I expect it from these nobhead footballers today, but not a serious manager.

To my mind that's something the club should have insisted he desist from when he signed a contract here. I think they were just desperate to get him in and the people behind the scenes at the club seem in awe of him. Unnecessarily so.

I cant think of one positive thing a manager could get out of a twitter account like that. It screams ego to me. I expect it from these nobhead footballers today, but not a serious manager.

To my mind that's something the club should have insisted he desist from when he signed a contract here. I think they were just desperate to get him in and the people behind the scenes at the club seem in awe of him. Unnecessarily so.

I wish Martinez was on twitter, I would tell him everyday how much I despised him.

David, that would suggest it's ok for the President of the USA USA USA to have one, the Dalai Lama to have one, hey even our man @KUEFC09U2 has one.

But not a football manager?

But ok, this makes no sense.

David, that would suggest it's ok for the President of the USA USA USA to have one, the Dalai Lama to have one, hey even our man @KUEFC09U2 has one.

But not a football manager?

But ok, this makes no sense.

A football manager can yes. A serious football manager wont indulge in it by and large.

As said: I cant see one thing where a twitter account is positive for our manager; but I can see it being a potential source of controversy in the future.

Time will tell on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back