Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good manager has ordinary players over performing, playing to their strengths. we have got some talented players. Williams has certainly improved us, Guaye was being hailed as the new Kante last month, we spent 20 odd Mill on Bolassie. Lukaku is ace when given service. A fair few fans say we have the best RB in the League. That should be a good platform to start with. My concerns are he's not getting the best out of the players. Motivationally or tactically? I dont know, but we should be performing better. I'm starting to look at Rons Valencia record and worrying

Here's the way I see it, Mac.

On paper, looking at the table and seeing it in black and white, it has been a more than satisfactory first quarter of the season. What is disgruntling many people though is the worrisome collapse in both results and more importantly, performances, since the fifteen minute spell in which we woke from a torpor and killed off Boro.

That run is now five games without a win, it includes three defeats, and that kind of run really depresses football fans.

It is certainly depressing me......and already I am back in the days of not watching MOTD and avoiding football themed programmes on the radio.

And if you had told me that a month ago I would have lol @ you :(
New manager boost followed by the poor form we've become used to.

We've gone in five weeks from a team that looked like it would get 65 points and qualify for Europe to one that (if we sign no one in January) will get 50 odd points and a bare top half finish.

In terms of the manager: what has he done in actuality? Placed a load of players behind the ball and offered almost zip going forward. That is not developing anything.

New manager boost followed by the poor form we've become used to.

We've gone in five weeks from a team that looked like it would get 65 points and qualify for Europe to one that (if we sign no one in January) will get 50 odd points and a bare top half finish.

In terms of the manager: what has he done in actuality? Placed a load of players behind the ball and offered almost zip going forward. That is not developing anything.

This really....sticks players behind the ball...tells them to run around then when they get it launch it to Bolasie.

I still dont know why people wanted him.

When Koeman joined Everton, he joined a group of players and a fanbase demoralized by the previous inadequacies of the previous management team. A defence that couldn't defend, a squad painfully short on fitness and discipline, and a top striker who didn't want to be here. In his short time here, he has fixed those broken elements. No mean feat.
Many of us were genuinely concerned last season about Everton's place in the EPL if Martinez remained in charge for another season. That fear has now gone. In a nutshell, Koeman has come in and stopped the rot.
There was always going to be early blips like we are seeing at the moment but we are moving in the right direction. We are in a transition period. The best thing is to chill out and get behind the team.

Here's the way I see it, Mac.

On paper, looking at the table and seeing it in black and white, it has been a more than satisfactory first quarter of the season.

If those fifteen points had came in a regular sequenced form....say draw, win, loss and repeat a couple of times....I don't think there would be this soul searching going on.

We would be proceeding nicely, quietly with no frills football re-establishing the club after the turmoil that was the last three or four months of last season.

What is disgruntling many people though is the worrisome collapse in both results and more importantly, performances, since the fifteen minute spell in which we woke from a torpor and killed off Boro.

That run is now five games without a win, it includes three defeats, and that kind of run really depresses football fans.

It is certainly depressing me......and already I am back in the days of not watching MOTD and avoiding football themed programmes on the radio.

And if you had told me that a month ago I would have lol @ you :(

Totally understand mate, just trying to take the positive from a bad run. Performance haven't been good enough and what it shows to me is there's a lot of work to be done and a lot of room for improvement. If we can be 6th with playing chap, who knows where we can end up if we click mate ;)

I support Koeman but I do look back nostalgically about some of the players we had in the Moyes (wouldnt want him back) era. We had Arteta, Bainaar in their prime, an excellent centre back partnership in Jagielka and Lescott and Cahills attitude and match winning goals. I can't think of one player on current form who I rate as highly as that lot...

I support Koeman but I do look back nostalgically about some of the players we had in the Moyes (wouldnt want him back) era. We had Arteta, Bainaar in their prime, an excellent centre back partnership in Jagielka and Lescott and Cahills attitude and match winning goals. I can't think of one player on current form who I rate as highly as that lot...

Gana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back