Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've not won since I went on holiday bloody ages ago and since I've had my new car.

I'm as much to blame as Koeman.

I think missing a certain left-back that is 'past it' according to some of the enlightened on here may have something to do with it as well...

Just a hunch though.

If you look at Koemans Southampton they'd often go on long winning runs followed by long winless runs.

This is typical Koeman we're seeing

Yea, that's true, but it pretty much describes any team not in the hunt for Champions League or fighting relegation. Most of those teams will have good and bad runs of four or five games.

We have been awful to watch. Lost all the attacking strengths we had under martinez for the extremely deep lying defending we no currently employ.

The style of football is horrific. Long balls into channels and to the big front man. Cave man style tactics.

Looking at the fixture list we won't be far from the bottom half, if not deeply entrenched there come January. We have had an extremely kind start and given the specific teams we have played against then I'd be amazed if any normal thinking everton fan would not expect more points on the board.

Hopefully he can turn it round. His history as a manager doesn't fill me with confidence.

Still prefer him to Martinez

I think missing a certain left-back that is 'past it' according to some of the enlightened on here may have something to do with it as well...

Just a hunch though.

He needs to be playing Galloway, not Oviedo. Galloway shouldn't have been loaned (he can get the experience in our team). Brian should be sold (great efforts but not the level we want)

The gk having a worldy is not a 'masterclass' in defending. Two saved pens and two finger tipped saves saved us from a hiding. The way Spurs set up is the way to play City...play the way we set up against City 99 times out of 100 teams will get tonked. Lady luck and a lone break up the field is not a method for success.

Regards Koeman, far too early to make any assessment. The only issue is I don't know what his style of play is. Seen plenty of his previous teams and there isn't an obvious identity that marks them out as a Koeman team.

Wasn't saying I was happy with how we set - up against City,it was actually quite negative, and I wish we had had a go at them, but as a team we were boss defensively, mixed with a fair amount of luck.

We have been awful to watch. Lost all the attacking strengths we had under martinez for the extremely deep lying defending we no currently employ.

The style of football is horrific. Long balls into channels and to the big front man. Cave man style tactics.

Looking at the fixture list we won't be far from the bottom half, if not deeply entrenched there come January. We have had an extremely kind start and given the specific teams we have played against then I'd be amazed if any normal thinking everton fan would not expect more points on the board.

Hopefully he can turn it round. His history as a manager doesn't fill me with confidence.
Just WOW.

Have to agree.

But the weekend is over and it still looks okay. We just need to kick on and pick up points leading up to Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back