Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say he got sacked because he "lost the dressing room" more than anything.

And he should have been sacked, I have not once said that he shouldn't have been. Doesn't mean I am pining for the glory days of "top 6 finishes" either.

I want to bloody win something, or at least look like we stand a chance of winning something instead of coming close and then bottling it like we do all the time.

He git the sack because he was a clueless football manager.

Evidence #1 Oumar Niasse, a man who is so unfit that he could barely manage a minute according to Bobby; however he put him on when down to 10 men against West ham

I'd say he got sacked because he "lost the dressing room" more than anything.

And he should have been sacked, I have not once said that he shouldn't have been. Doesn't mean I am pining for the glory days of "top 6 finishes" either.

I want to bloody win something, or at least look like we stand a chance of winning something instead of coming close and then bottling it like we do all the time.

You're far more likely to progress if you're a side who's top 6 with European football to help attract better players.

2 consecutive 11th place finishes did matter, as it reduces our appeal.

So to suggest that all there is win or nothing is pure folly.

He git the sack because he was a clueless football manager.

Evidence #1 Oumar Niasse, a man who is so unfit that he could barely manage a minute according to Bobby; however he put him on when down to 10 men against West ham

If we sacked every manager for messing up when in a good position we would have about 300 managers by now.

The players didnt want to play for him, its that simple.

Imagine Rons white hot furious silence on the luxury coach in the short journey from Burnley to the drop off point to where they all skedaddle back to Alderley Edge.
Has anybody else heard that Mirallas dived out early at St Helens and when the driver was getting his bag out the boot, Ed Koeman got him in a headlock?

Only thing is if you go a single season without winning a trophy you get the bullet straight away. Hence why serial loser Roberto Martinez would probably not be a good choice.

I reckon a dog could manage Barcelona.

Can you be a serial loser when you have actually won something?

Imagine Rons white hot furious silence on the luxury coach in the short journey from Burnley to the drop off point to where they all skedaddle back to Alderley Edge.
Has anybody else heard that Mirallas dived out early at St Helens and when the driver was getting his bag out the boot, Ed Koeman got him in a headlock?

He was probably on his iPad planning his next holiday.

You're far more likely to progress if you're a side who's top 6 with European football to help attract better players.

2 consecutive 11th place finishes did matter, as it reduces our appeal.

So to suggest that all there is win or nothing is pure folly.

No players give a toss about a team who finishes sixth. I would say they dont give a toss about the Europa league either.

Who did we attract with all our top six finishes anyway?

They want money (and to be fair to you a higher finish does mean we may have more cash to pay players) and possibly Champions League football but even that isnt totally accurate because they want CL football whilst getting paid loads of money...

Yes, when you consistently lose the majority of your games over the course of 7 years as a manager and finish in the bottom half for 6 of those, eventually resulting in the sack, you can be considered a loser

Well that was bound to happen at Wigan wasnt it?

This bottom half stuff does make me laugh. technically yeah its true but 11th is also mid table, which doesn't sound half as bad does it? (Still not good enough for Everton obviously..)

He messed up at us in the end after a promising start So what? Hes gone now, life goes on.

No players give a toss about a team who finishes sixth. I would say they dont give a toss about the Europa league either.

Who did we attract with all our top six finishes anyway?

They want money (and to be fair to you a higher finish does mean we may have more cash to pay players) and possibly Champions League football but even that isnt totally accurate because they want CL football whilst getting paid loads of money...

A side who's seen to be in with a chance of challenging the top 4 is a more attractive proposition than a side who's viewed as mid table also rans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back