Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see the other popular choices for our manager post Martinez have all had terrible starts at clubs where they should be doing much better -

Mourihno
De Boer
Emery
Pellegrini
Tuchel

We will see how this pans out, but Koeman has outperformed all of these in terms of squad ability to expectation this season.

No Dave, he's a very good manager who's been given the platform to show he can be a great manager.

Why not close the chapter on old brown shoes eh, he failed miserably and was rightly chucked in the skip. Making endless references to him in comparison to Koeman has become a tad repetitive
You're the one bringing it up mate, not me. There's a thread in the World Football forum that I'd gladly limit talk on RM to.

Right, for starters, The Eredvisie is a far better standard and far more competitive than the SPL. That's a daft shout. You can try and twist things however you want, he has a far greater pedigree than any manager we have hired before (unless you count Kendall mk 2 & 3).

You gave 3 years of patience for a struggling manager. But now you feel the need to be right so strongly that you won't give Ronald Koeman 5 minutes.

You are beyond tedious.
First of all: I gave no free pass to Martinez. His first season here was almost unblemished and required no criticism; I called him out early in the second season for a lack of summer preparation after the world cup; I objected very early on that in that second season he'd prioritised a meaningless competition like the EL which would see us struggle in the PL; and I called him out constantly throughout for a lack of discipline in the team.

I reserve the right to do that with Koeman. You hero worship managers if you want - they're just hired hands to me...and if one of those hired hands is getting £6M per season then he's defo going to be held to account.

His football is dull. That's the early assessment. Let's see if he can get more of his own players in and change that round.

First of all: I gave no free pass to Martinez. His first season here was almost unblemished and required no criticism; I called him out early in the second season for a lack of summer preparation after the world cup; I objected very early on that in that second season he'd prioritised a meaningless competition like the EL which would see us struggle in the PL; and I called him out constantly throughout for a lack of discipline in the team.

I reserve the right to do that with Koeman. You hero worship managers if you want - they're just hired hands to me...and if one of those hired hands is getting £6M per season then he's defo going to be held to account.

His football is dull. That's the early assessment. Let's see if he can get more of his own players in and change that round.

and you had a go at him for playing osman lol

Yes. Let's see. In the mean time, maybe stop looking for any slight excuse to have a go at him because it isn't half boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back