Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not give up mate, get on with it, without cry arsing every time we hit a setback. If we do improve it'll hardly be likely to be anything to do with whinging fans on the internet. Get behind the team, ya know support them.
I do support the team.

You aren't the judge on what is and isn't support, mate.

I'm not happy with the way things are, I'm not going to sit there and happy clap them just to please some.

Also, you're on a discussion forum. Do you want everyone to share your view?

The people who you refer to as 'cry arsing' are probably some of the most passionate blues around.

funny how Big Rons salary is getting brought up by his haters as it was with Moyes yet Martinez's salary was never mentioned at all..

I do support the team.

You aren't the judge on what is and isn't support, mate.

I'm not happy with the way things are, I'm not going to sit there and happy clap them just to please some.

Also, you're on a discussion forum. Do you want everyone to share your view?

The people who you refer to as 'cry arsing' are probably some of the most passionate blues around.

I don't think whinging non stop about a Manager who's been here for less than three months of a season gaining 15 points in his first 9 games is really supportive but if you do then Fair do's kid keep on whinging...

Not give up mate, get on with it, without cry arsing every time we hit a setback. If we do improve it'll hardly be likely to be anything to do with whinging fans on the internet. Get behind the team, ya know support them.

I agree that any improvement in fortunes is not likely to be due to fans, but at the same time I think you were a bit harsh there mate. Yes, kneejerk reactions to a defeat are a bit OTT and also futile.

Everton frustrate the hell out of me often, and I could never give up on them even if I wanted to. But the day I stop wanting, if not necessarily "demanding" better of Everton then I might as well pack it in honestly and just support my local side, with no emotional attachment.

Fans can very rarely influence anything these days, but we have been with them through thick and thin. I sympathise with the like of Villa, but I don't want to become like them.

We can tailor our expectations to meet reality, but that is not the same as dampening ambition - I still get laughed at when I tell folk I expect Everton to win at least one more championship in my lifetime, but there it is.

I don't think whinging non stop about a Manager who's been here for less than three months of a season gaining 15 points in his first 9 games is really supportive but if you do then Fair do's kid keep on whinging...
I haven't whinged about Koeman.

My only issue with him so far this season is putting a weakened team out against Norwich.

He gave the board a list of players that he wanted and they never delivered.

I'll whinge about some of these players all season long. Most of them are an embarrassment to the shirt.

You aren't "critiquing", you're moaning. You moaned when we won four in a row. You moaned when we set up defensively at Man City. You moan when Koeman says Barkley needs to perform. You moan on the Keiran Dowell thread because you have a feeling Koeman won't fancy him. You moaned the other day because Koeman is dutch and you think the dutch are arrogant.

And if we beat West Ham next saturday, guess what? You'll still be moaning.
I moaned when we won 4 in a row?

I dont remember that.

Part of the "excitement" of being an Everton fan is that very precious investment of hope we put in to each and every player/manager/game. When we get a negative return on that investment, we feel, quite rightly, that we have every right to moan and complain. It is part and parcel of being a supporter. However, we should be free to be both cheerleaders and critics, and not get stuck in a mindset of being just one or the other all of the time. I, for one, quite like my freedom of speech, where I can clap or jeer at will (whoever Will is... does he play for us?).

I agree that any improvement in fortunes is not likely to be due to fans, but at the same time I think you were a bit harsh there mate. Yes, kneejerk reactions to a defeat are a bit OTT and also futile.

Everton frustrate the hell out of me often, and I could never give up on them even if I wanted to. But the day I stop wanting, if not necessarily "demanding" better of Everton then I might as well pack it in honestly and just support my local side, with no emotional attachment.

Fans can very rarely influence anything these days, but we have been with them through thick and thin. I sympathise with the like of Villa, but I don't want to become like them.

We can tailor our expectations to meet reality, but that is not the same as dampening ambition - I still get laughed at when I tell folk I expect Everton to win at least one more championship in my lifetime, but there it is.

Everyone of us wants better it would be stupid to think otherwise. I doubt my post would include you as a cry arse then mate, carry on as normal.

I haven't whinged about Koeman.

My only issue with him so far this season is putting a weakened team out against Norwich.

He gave the board a list of players that he wanted and they never delivered.

I'll whinge about some of these players all season long. Most of them are an embarrassment to the shirt.

Ok mate sound but you do realise your in the 'Koeman confirmed as Everton manager' thread don't you, and I was comparing Everton fans to Villa's when they were moaning all the time about O'Neil a few years ago.

People writing him off already? not heard anything like it, our fanbase have gone massively downhill.

Theres a sense of entitlement that I personally dont understand.

We sit in 6th, yes, we have had some games people consider easy, but there are no easy games in this league, well apart from Sunderland, theres always that 1 team that everyone dicks every season. The football hasnt been great, even in the games we won, we conceded more than 1 goal for the first time all season on Saturday, our GK had a howler, our captain had a stinker, but we pushed hard for a win and it just didnt happen, people seem very annoyed at us getting beat by Bouremouth and Burnley, 2 teams who are having very good seasons and gaining praise from all over.

Im not gonna sit here and pretend its all unicorns and rainbows, its grim, the Summer window is biting us on the arse big time, what even is an Enner Valencia?

But some people have gone a little bit over the top, some people have some pretty heavy agendas to push, I didnt want Koeman, I didnt want Boloasie, I certainly didnt want Enner freaking Valencia, but whats done is done. Everton defeats hurt me, but I dont dwell on them, I didnt call for the managers head, I didnt demand our captain has the band taken off him.

Just think people need to take a step back and realise that we havent played well yet, the players arent playing even close to how our manager wants them to, its going to take time and its going to take a few more windows until we get the required level and type of player that Ronny wants.

I notice a few people comparing us to Liverpool and Plopp, hes had 12 months and 2 windows to mould the team how he wants it, the lad at Spurs has had 2? seasons, we need a degree of patience, but I again will state, we sit in 6th and we have suffered 2 defeats all season.

Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn

Theres a sense of entitlement that I personally dont understand.

We sit in 6th, yes, we have had some games people consider easy, but there are no easy games in this league, well apart from Sunderland, theres always that 1 team that everyone dicks every season. The football hasnt been great, even in the games we won, we conceded more than 1 goal for the first time all season on Saturday, our GK had a howler, our captain had a stinker, but we pushed hard for a win and it just didnt happen, people seem very annoyed at us getting beat by Bouremouth and Burnley, 2 teams who are having very good seasons and gaining praise from all over.

Im not gonna sit here and pretend its all unicorns and rainbows, its grim, the Summer window is biting us on the arse big time, what even is an Enner Valencia?

But some people have gone a little bit over the top, some people have some pretty heavy agendas to push, I didnt want Koeman, I didnt want Boloasie, I certainly didnt want Enner freaking Valencia, but whats done is done. Everton defeats hurt me, but I dont dwell on them, I didnt call for the managers head, I didnt demand our captain has the band taken off him.

Just think people need to take a step back and realise that we havent played well yet, the players arent playing even close to how our manager wants them to, its going to take time and its going to take a few more windows until we get the required level and type of player that Ronny wants.

I notice a few people comparing us to Liverpool and Plopp, hes had 12 months and 2 windows to mould the team how he wants it, the lad at Spurs has had 2? seasons, we need a degree of patience, but I again will state, we sit in 6th and we have suffered 2 defeats all season.

Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn
Which is at the heart of the criticism - it isn't that people are looking for his head, that's a p.o.v I haven't even seen being argued.

The football is tosh. It's boring; there's hardly any moves being built. We lack creativity in attack and it really doesn't need to be that way right now, never mind waiting until he gets his own players in...he's choosing to play this way because he's overly cautious and wants almost all of the players behind the ball as much as possible.

That criticism is justified.

Which is at the heart of the criticism - it isn't that people are looking for his head, that's a p.o.v I haven't even seen being argued.

The football is tosh. It's boring; there's hardly any moves being built. We lack creativity in attack and it really doesn't need to be that way right now, never mind waiting until he gets his own players in...he's choosing to play this way because he's overly cautious and wants almost all of the players behind the ball as much as possible.

That criticism is justified.

You have no idea how he wants us to play.

Yes, he wants the whole team to defend, its called pressing football David, you defend from the front, you put pressure on the oppo when on the ball, which allows you to break teams down in THEIR half, rather than sitting off and allowing them the ball in dangerous areas.

It doesnt help that Ross Barkley has simply forgotten how to play football, hes our attacking axis, hes our number 10, hes the heart of the team, sadly hes not on it and we have no other number 10.

But ok, you keep dreaming of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back