Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is at the heart of the criticism - it isn't that people are looking for his head, that's a p.o.v I haven't even seen being argued.

The football is tosh. It's boring; there's hardly any moves being built. We lack creativity in attack and it really doesn't need to be that way right now, never mind waiting until he gets his own players in...he's choosing to play this way because he's overly cautious and wants almost all of the players behind the ball as much as possible.

That criticism is justified.
It does seem to be very 'back to basics'. Defend well, and hope the individual talent of our forward line can score a goal or two.

Perhaps he has no faith in our defenders, so it just trying to hold out for January. Or, to put a better spin on it - he may just be drilling the defensive side since it was let lapse over the past 3 seasons.

But, yes, presently it's not the best. I feel like this match just showed how lucky we were against City. But I also think it's too early to pass judgement beyond that.

Have to feel the arrival of Moshiri has warped the sense of expectation. When money is involved, people expect instantaneous results but it simply doesn't work like that.

Like Koeman needs time to mend Martinez's mess, Moshiri has a far bigger task on his hands rebuilding a club that has been poorly ran for a long long time. Such is the climate of the modern game that now if a manger goes a few games under par then he's 'under pressue'. Just to prove how much nonsense this is, see the Conte rumours a few weeks ago, and look at their results now. See all the negative talk about Pep, when his team sit top of the league. It's the same story with Wenger when they lost to Liverpool. Blips happen all the time when mangers first take over clubs just as sometimes there is instant success.

When you look at it, you always seem to view that your team is doing good or bad. Because it gives everyone something to talk about. This is where you'll look for things to justify both sides of those argument. It's works for the press, it works for the fans. We're doing fine. Not great, not bad either. Look at the league and pretty much everything is in order apart from United. There isn't much else to say about it.

Forget form and 'last five games' as it doesn't really mean anything compared to your next opponent and your position in the table. We're doing just fine lads. May not be pretty, but there's no need to panic.

Which is at the heart of the criticism - it isn't that people are looking for his head, that's a p.o.v I haven't even seen being argued.

The football is tosh. It's boring; there's hardly any moves being built. We lack creativity in attack and it really doesn't need to be that way right now, never mind waiting until he gets his own players in...he's choosing to play this way because he's overly cautious and wants almost all of the players behind the ball as much as possible.

I sort of agree.

We lack zest.

Part of the "excitement" of being an Everton fan is that very precious investment of hope we put in to each and every player/manager/game. When we get a negative return on that investment, we feel, quite rightly, that we have every right to moan and complain. It is part and parcel of being a supporter. However, we should be free to be both cheerleaders and critics, and not get stuck in a mindset of being just one or the other all of the time. I, for one, quite like my freedom of speech, where I can clap or jeer at will (whoever Will is... does he play for us?).
You mean Free Will?...I think he plays for some Orca outfit

We bashed Martinez for the opposite.

To think our fans wanted Mourinho too, they'd all be pissing their pants at his defensive style.

Give him time to build HIS team.

We bashed Martinez for the opposite.

To think our fans wanted Mourinho too, they'd all be pissing their pants at his defensive style.

Give him time to build HIS team.
He can build his team, which I'm sure he will decently enough.

I just dont buy that a first season is some sort of write off for playing a bit of football. Did Potchetino not hit the ground running...or Laudrup at Swansea...or Martinez here for that matter?

Build some moves
Get bodies forward
Score some goals

The players we have know how to do it. There's no excuse.

Theres way more to football than just winning, as great as that is.

Hopefully we will hit upon the right manager with the right balance some season soon.

I personally dont think that will be RK, but he will do alright and I will be mildly bored watching a lot of it.

He can build his team, which I'm sure he will decently enough.

I just dont buy that a first season is some sort of write off for playing a bit of football. Did Potchetino not hit the ground running...or Laudrup at Swansea...or Martinez here for that matter?

Build some moves
Get bodies forward
Score some goals

The players we have know how to do it. There's no excuse.

Just looking at results, Potchetino and Martinez each improved their team's table position by one place in their first season (6th to 5th both.) Laudrup improved Swansea two places (11th to 9th.)
Hardly what I would call "hitting the ground running." And so far Koeman has bested all 3.

Just looking at results, Potchetino and Martinez each improved their team's table position by one place in their first season (6th to 5th both.) Laudrup improved Swansea two places (11th to 9th.)
Hardly what I would call "hitting the ground running." And so far Koeman has bested all 3.
Your kidding?

Shifting a team from 6th to 5th in a first season in charge is HUGE. And Laudrup also went in after Brodgers and took them a step up.

Point being, they all got in there first season and did that AND played good football. So there's no free pass for Koeman here as far as that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back