Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez spent over 60 million NET to finish 11th twice .

Anyone even remotely defending him is stupid to be frank

in 3 seasons here:

Highest League Position: 5th (Club Record PL Points toal)
Best FA Cup Run: Semi-Finals
Best League Cup Run: Semi-Finals
Best Europa League Run: Quarter-Finals

People vastly overstate how bad a job he actually did as they just look at those two league placings. Those were horrific of course, but it'd be a bit deluded to say he should have achieved more in those 4 competitions (in just 3 years), given the funds we have available compared to our rivals and given just how many top teams we had to compete against.

I'm still quite disappointed with the summer window. No idea how much of that is on Koeman's shoulders with the new system at the club.

Would hope he and the club get stuck in for the next couple.

A side who's seen to be in with a chance of challenging the top 4 is a more attractive proposition than a side who's viewed as mid table also rans.

I dont agree.

Players dont care about challenging for the top 4. They want money and the chance to win things as a distant second (generally, not all).

Merely challenging for the top 4 doesnt provide any of that.

in 3 seasons here:

Highest League Position: 5th (Club Record PL Points toal)
Best FA Cup Run: Semi-Finals
Best League Cup Run: Semi-Finals
Best Europa League Run: Quarter-Finals

People vastly overstate how bad a job he actually did as they just look at those two league placings. Those were horrific of course, but it'd be a bit deluded to say he should have achieved more in those 4 competitions (in just 3 years), given the funds we have available compared to our rivals and given just how many top teams we had to compete against.

Last 16 actually

2 years of bizzare decisions got him the sack, those decisions cost us a hell of a lot of points and a hell of a lot of goals. The task of RK is that defensive bomb we were left with

Our defence has been rubbish for years. He took it to new levels but they ALWAYS let us down when we need them most.

No doubt someone will bring up clean sheets etc under Moyes. They dont matter if you lose your games that you need to win which we always do and always did.

Regardless I think the players turning on him was the major issue. Thats not to say the other issues were not part of it. Players not wanting to play for him is the straw that broke the camels back.

Our defence has been rubbish for years. He took it to new levels but they ALWAYS let us down when we need them most.

No doubt someone will bring up clean sheets etc under Moyes. They dont matter if you lose your games that you need to win which we always do and always did.

Regardless I think the players turning on him was the major issue. Thats not to say the other issues were not part of it. Players not wanting to play for him is the straw that broke the camels back.

Players didn't want to play for him because they knew he was full of absolute guff. 3-time Champions League winner Samuel Eto'o saw right through him and called him out within months of being here. Looks like he was right all along.

Players didn't want to play for him because they knew he was full of absolute guff. 3-time Champions League winner Samuel Eto'o saw right through him and called him out within months of being here. Looks like he was right all along.

I know...

I'm not sure why people keep telling me these things about Martinez. I have already said he was rightly sacked!

3 time champions league winner samuel eto'o was happy enough to sign and play for him to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back