Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL.... football management is a bit like this....
vVKvN_.gif

I see the other popular choices for our manager post Martinez have all had terrible starts at clubs where they should be doing much better -

Mourihno
De Boer
Emery
Pellegrini
Tuchel

We will see how this pans out, but Koeman has outperformed all of these in terms of squad ability to expectation this season.

Koeman's apparently not doing a good job, despite doing better with what he has then all of the above.

9th and out of both cups early would technically be worse than 11th and two semi finals, yes.
Thats entirely subjective. I've been to far more losing semi-finals now , I almost despise them. Absolute magic if you win of course but failure is bitter and heartbreaking. I'd much rather go out at an earlier round than suffer another defeat in a semi. The league on the other hand is the main competition. You are judged much more by your league placing than cup progress. So in the scenario you suggest I would be relatively content this season.

No they don't. Losing two semi-finals ain't worth spit. Especially in the way we did.

I didnt even have a good trip to Wembley, the travel down took 9 hours, "we" got jogged on by the United fans at the services, I bought a pint that tasted like washing up liquid that cost me abar a fiver and then United scored in the last minute to cap a wonderful day.

I didnt even have a good trip to Wembley, the travel down took 9 hours, "we" got jogged on by the United fans at the services, I bought a pint that tasted like washing up liquid that cost me abar a fiver and then United scored in the last minute to cap a wonderful day.
I had all that, plus I dropped loads of hints that I'd of liked to have met up for a pint, we didn't and Martinez Martinez'd us.

Absolute 'sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back