Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see where we are last whistle of the season. If we're where we are now, he's come in and done a good job. If we're 7th or 8th it's the minimum where I expect a manager pulling in £6M per season to have us.

Done nothing whatsoever so far. He needs to have pressure placed on him to achieve.

not sure why I expected you to be in a cheerier mood after a 2-0 win

too busy telling strangers on a forum that our manager has done nothing rather than enjoying the day

:coffee:

Showed good in game management once again, wish he could get it right from the start occasionally like.

After that first 20mins we bossed it I thought certainly 2nd half and I've no problem shutting up shop at 2-0.

Don't think it's as much him not getting it right as the players seemingly needing a boot up the arse constantly.

Don't think it's as much him not getting it right as the players seemingly needing a boot up the arse constantly.

Possibly because there was a massive behaviour shift in the whole team, something was said because they all pushed up 5 yards and started defending from the front.

They have now proved they have the fitness levels to do this and I expect to see it every game as of now.

He's done pretty well so far. 18 points from 10 games. Granted 7 of those games have been against teams in the bottom 9 so we've have a kind fixture list compared to the rest, but there's not much to complain about with the team sixth in the table. He's a massive step up from that chancer Martinez.

still remains to be seen, tho' vital clean win today, clean sheets and 18 from a possible 30 points is decent.

can't wait for some of these big fixtures coming up, don't really know what to expect yet but so far vs Spurs/ManC we've shown strong resilience so not expecting a Moyes-rollover or Martinez caught-with-yer-pants-down. If we're still in touch with top 6 come January window (and Rom stays fit) we'll all be quietly optimistic for a Europa League place.

Martinez signed Geri, who currently cant get his place in the team ahead of Mirallas and Bolasie cos hes a selfie obsessed little twerp, maybe in a few years he will get it.

You're being very tough on Geri there but I agree with you.

For me he should be in the Ronaldo class by now.

Too many fluffy dog and fluffy girlfriend tweets and not enough application, bulking up and knuckling down.

The biggest underachiever in the team at the moment IMO

Just hope people don't go into meltdown when we inevitabley lose next week.

Getting us to where we want to be is going to take time and more investment. So far largely so good

Although I don't agree with the inevitability shout... ! 'IF' we do... Of course they will on here mate lol

10 games in and we're 1 point behind where Martinez was in his first season, mainly due to the defeat at Burnley. A win would have put us 3 better than Martinez first season. At this stage of the last two seasons however, we were 5 points worse off than where we are now so much improved. Also our goal difference of +7 is far better than any of the last few seasons.

Can't really complain about the start we've made, although it feels we could have been doing even better. We look far more solid at the back, and when playing with a bit of confidence (like second half today) we can still play a it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back