Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't deny there isn't an undercurrent of negativity mate. Maybe not from you but all I see is people saying performances aren't up to scratch and that we look solid.

I think people are forgetting where we were last year and the year before. Goodison in general is a happier place . The squad know there roles. They are fitter.
That's the thing I took from Barry's interview before the game. When asked how koeman differed to marines he replied. 'the players know their roles and what is expected of them'

its not negative, its realistic.

if we were 6th after playing more of the top sides then great but of 10 games i think weve played 3 top half sides ..

once weve played
utd
arsenal
chelsea
RS
Southampton
Watford
etc

then lets see...there may be some good results in there but we wont know till we play them

You know we're above three of those teams don't you ,?

You know we're above three of those teams don't you ,?

And id wager theyve played better teams than us....our start has been very favourable.

If we played the bottom 5 teams and were 6th then would you be as happy? were not far off that you know?

We have played 7 of the bottom 9 teams

I think this needs to be remembered when looking at the points total

Performances have been poor in large parts

Who cares? does it matter where the points come from? Sure a win at city or spurs would be a massive boost in confidence, but a win at stoke produces the same 3 pts. It continues to amuse me when people incessantly imply that we should/will win against any team that is below us in the table. The fact that Koeman has us winning points in both the glamorous and boring fixtures is.a huge step in the right direction. Add to that a few points coming off poor performances and complaining is utter madness.

Who cares? does it matter where the points come from? Sure a win at city or spurs would be a massive boost in confidence, but a win at stoke produces the same 3 pts. It continues to amuse me when people incessantly imply that we should/will win against any team that is below us in the table. The fact that Koeman has us winning points in both the glamorous and boring fixtures is.a huge step in the right direction. Add to that a few points coming off poor performances and complaining is utter madness.

You're right mate, Performances don't matter

I count we're 9 points better off this year than last in the corresponding games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back