Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how ruthless he's been in terms of dropping under performing players. There's definitely a sense that he's in control of that dressing room which I don't think was the case when Martinez was around.

The defence has definitely improved, although today I thought we were an accident waiting to happen in that area.

The biggest positive of all is that we sit 6th in the league. There's obviously flaws to our team at the moment but we've got results so far and I won't be complaining if that continues.

Play like that against Costa next week and we'll be well beaten.

It's understandable yes, but not acceptable per se.

It s time the excuse of last season was put to bed. This is a new manager so let's see him both work a defensive solution and play good football.

You saw the difference today.

2-0 up last season, Martinez sticks on his shame, we end up losing 2-3
2-0 up this season, on comes the captain to see the game out, we end up winning 2-0

Its really THAT simple, thats what an extra 3m a season gets you, GAME MANAGEMENT.

All I know is this, when Everton win and play badly, it makes me very happy, when Everton draw and play well, it makes me happy, when Everton lose and play well, it makes me very sad.

Everton to me isnt an Entertainment vehicle, its a way of life.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:
It should be all those things. Winning entertaining football.

Sick of this now anyway. It's a very simple point that's been twisted. No wonder Chico frigged off.

2-0 up this season, on comes the captain to see the game out, we end up winning 2-0

Its really THAT simple, thats what an extra 3m a season gets you, GAME MANAGEMENT.
You forgot the small matter of being down to 10 men for an hour when that tit Mirallas stabbed us in the back....again.

Christ, are we still banging on about the "72 points" bullocks? Backline schooled by Moyes - totally destroyed the following season by El Fraudo and would never recover.

From my perspective, shoring up that mess of a defence he left behind was the No.1 priority - and Koeman has done just that. Sure we still see the occasional regression back to "the Martinez method", but on the whole we're much more solid at the back. I don't clench every time a ball is delivered into the box like I was the past two seasons. We're 10 games into the season. We're 6th. 5 points off the top. After the shambles of last season, I'd call that a right result.

It's not a bonus, it's a duty for professional footballers to entertain. They get paid millions not to play dullard stuff but to get people off their seats.

Koeman Has proven himself thus far to be uncreative as an attacking minded manager. He's placed all his eggs in the reduction of goals against basket and we have seen little in the way of free flowing football. Say all you want about Martinez, but his first season record is there for all time and it shows exactly what you can do in this league if you're bold enough.

It has been pretty dull so far but that was probably necessary after the way last season went.

We played some unbelievable stuff in November and December last year, but got bugger all to show for it. Unfortunately no one likes not winning games no matter how well you've played.

Give him time and he will. 10 games on he's sorted out the defence so let's see where we are in another 10 games.
He hasn't sorted that defence mate. Putting 8/9 behind the ball in our half is not sorting the defence. Coaching the back four to do their own defensive shift is sorting it.

It has been pretty dull so far but that was probably necessary after the way last season went.

We played some unbelievable stuff in November and December last year, but got bugger all to show for it. Unfortunately no one likes not winning games no matter how well you've played.

Im the same...and I also do t like scanning a victory and playing poorly.

I like to win and to do it in style.

I really can't understand why that simple point isn't just accepted.

Im the same...and I also do t like scanning a victory and playing poorly.

I like to win and to do it in style.

I really can't understand why that simple point isn't just accepted.

Today was shocking like, really not sure how we came away with three points.

Right now, I don't know how capable we are of winning with style under any manager. Winning any game (Sunderland aside) has been a real scrap for us until now.

I'll hold my hands up and say I probably overrated a lot of these players far too much last year.

He hasn't sorted that defence mate. Putting 8/9 behind the ball in our half is not sorting the defence. Coaching the back four to do their own defensive shift is sorting it.

Dave he has coached and continues to coach the defence. They are a billion times better than what they were and there's still room for improvement. Full backs aren't so free to push up at will, they now have to start thinking about when. Centre backs close together. He has the back line moving over depending on which side the pressure comes from. 2nd best defence in the league. I don't think the likes of Rom, Ross, Mirallas, Bolasie are standing on the edge of our box so it's not 9 men behind the ball. City away was our most defensive performance. Every other game we've been in with a shout of either winning or getting a point.

Your looking for faults for the sake of it mate. It's a long way to go, a work in progress for sure but your talking about there being no excuse for pure football after 10 games when we've been absolutely abysmal for 2 seasons and he's basically still having to work with the same old crap.

Time. Give him some.

If we financially back Big Ron I think he will build a team. If.

Things will improve further.

The team needs to be solid defensively. When Koeman bought on defender to shut out shop it bought smile to my face as I realize the fraud was sacked. We can actually win football games and picking up points by not throwing it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back