Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree if you're neutral watching some random match or tournament. Football is the beautiful game and the more beauty & excitement the better.

disagree if you're following your team. very different emotional stakes here.

Following Everton is like following your son through a never-ending series of exams, sometimes he kicks arse and you feel ace for him, other times he can barely muster the will and you feel deflated...

...unless he passes anyway, you'd take that over a stylish fail anytime.
It's not as if I'm saying a cup win or league title is going in the bin and not celebrated. Aspire to win those in style...in fact any game you play. That has to be about the most uncontroversial statement there is! I dont see the fuss here, tbh.....or would some prefer not to win in style?!!!

The defence he has is the second best in terms of conceding goals and top five for conceding shots on target.

Seem pretty well drilled to me. I think personally he will go for two full backs who can defend and attack.
Yes, but my point is that it's a team defending not just a back four. That then limits us as a forward force because he cant get them to a consistently good level of transitioning from defence to attack.

We'll see if he gets the players required to do that. But until then it's perfectly legitimate to acknowledge a good points haul whilst stating the way we play is a bit of a midden at the moment.

I haven't watched them since we played them last. Can't imagine ever wanting to watch them play.
You cant help but see them, they're on every week.

...and in any case, what supporter wants to ignore what their rival is doing? Do you think Howard Kendall ignored them in the 80s before knocking them off their perch? No, it was an essential step in doing that. Take from them and leave what cant be used one side.

I asked you if you prefer watching the current Liverpool team to the current Everton one.

You said yes.
Your initial question was about preferring to watch either team in the context of style....which is not the same as saying I'd rather watch them than us.

It's ridiculous denying they are better to watch than us. It's just partisan nonsense and breast beating.

...and in any case, what supporter wants to ignore what their rival is doing? Do you think Howard Kendall ignored them in the 80s before knocking them off their perch? No, it was an essential step in doing that. Take from them and leave what cant be used one side.

Haha you can help it, I haven't seen a single second of them since about February. I have no interest in sitting there watching them win 407 games in a row and Klopp gurn his trampy little head off and run on the pitch

After the disaster of a summer transfer window ,The state of our squad after the previous 2 years especially the fitness and the lack of confidence in the squad I can't see how fans are unhappy with our start to the season . We've had to get back to basics and build from the back and koeman has done this superbly. You can tell he doesn't rate certain players BUT he's not got much choice but to play them .

Some of us need to get in the real world and realise the past 2 years of awful coaching ( league 1 standard at best) and management plus the previous regime at board level will take a while to get rid of the stench .

My only gripe is the lack of interest koeman had in using Lennon .

Howard Kendall was a manager not just a supporter. Of course he would watch them, he could do something about it.

There's no shame in saying they've played very good football under Klopp. They always look to attack. I'm sorry, I cant stand them more than anyone, but it has to be said they have a fine manager who looks to play this game in a very attractive way. I wish he was our manager, that's for sure.
Oh Dave. :whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back