Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all our rivals the neighbours, Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.Everton is the only one out of those clubs, that would have fans defending and insisting that a manager who spent 140 million pounds in the summer, to have us on the verge of an early exit from europe, and who spent 140 million pounds to have us in the bottom three, be given more time to turn it around.
You know what? It's even worse than that. Name ANY premier league club that would have spent that much, be this terrible and STILL have this crap manager?

He won’t turn the fans opinion around, it’s just dragging on and the inevitable will happen at some point, the sooner he goes the better for damage limitation.

If he stays til new year and we are out Europa, carabao or whatever cup and still bottom 6/7/8 and then they sack him then it is unforgivable.

Koeman spent too much time chasing Swansea for Sigurdsson. How many weeks did that go on for? I didn't want him, I had a bad feeling about it when I heard the rumoured fee. Energy should have been on a centre forward instead.

I know it sounds good now but I felt the same way in August

I reckon even with Diego Costa up front we’d still be garbage right now.

image.png
image.png this is what we want to see! Ian Wright an keown can see it and so can we! So why can't the board and koeman see it??? Are we missing something? We're a laughing stock with a clueless boring,dry,negative,weed smoking conspiracy theorist layed back,delouded Dutch boss who couldn't string his own laces together on a Monday morning! It's plain to see what type of a club we are! And always will be if we keep employing farudsters like Martinez an this dope! We forget how far we came with moyes incharge, stability an passion for the club. He was are road to success since he's left Everton theirs been nothing but problems. I'd gladly take moyes allday.

This was my reaction on this thread to Koemans appointment.This post is from June 4th 2016.

Some people seem to be underwhelmed. To be honest im excited. Excited at the prospect of a new beginning and as a personality as a player and manager this is a huge upgrade on journeyman player and championship play off defeat manger David Moyes and journeyman player and relegated FA Cup winning manager Roberto Phenomenal Martinez. I would consider Koemans time in charge of Ajax and PSV as a success. He did what was asked of him at those clubs. He won the Eredevise twice at Ajax. The league and cup double in 2002 and another league title in 2004. He won another league title as manager at PSV. Benfica did finish third behind their main rivals Sporting Lisbon and Porto when he was there but they did reach the champions league quarter finals. That Benfica team ended Liverpools reign as champions and Barcelona the eventual winners knocked them out. There's no disgrace in that.

His time at Valencia didn't work out but they did win their first Copa Del Rey since 1999 when he was there. There was that disastrous spell at AZ Alkemar but he put in a few decent seasons at Feyenoord after that before going to Southampton. People play down what he did at Southampton saying it was a Moyes like job. Getting Southampton to 7th and 6th place was a fine achievement. They were three points short of a champions league place this year as well. Koeman was also part of the dutch backroom team at the 1998 world cup when they lost to Brazil in the semi final on penalties. He was also an assistant manager at Barcelona. His footballing career unlike Moyes (apart from his time as a player at Celtic) and Martinez when they came to us has taken in some of Europes biggest clubs.

And a post here from me on August 21 2016.

A manager that makes changes when things aren't working out imagine that.Makes a nice change from Martinez just standing there like a dunce in his brown clogs while the excrement was hitting the air conditioning.I said it when he was appointed and i firmly stand over the opinion that Koeman will get us into the champions league within 2 seasons.There will be bumps along the way but i firmly believe that this guy will be our best manager since the late great Howard Kendall.

I had high hopes for Ronald Koeman but he failed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.