Rooney constant references to being an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see why there is so much animosity towards him.

At the end of the day he was an 18 year old kid, with a bellend of an agent telling him how he wouldn't win anything with Everton, undervalued, underpaid etc blah blah blah. Don't you think he would have loved to stay at Everton and achieve what he has done with Man U? Just not possible I'm afraid!

Without his transfer money we wouldn't have the side we have now or relative success we have had over the years. He has gone on to win things with Utd, but he will always be an Evertonian and I reckon he will be back one day.

It's about time people get used to us selling our prospects/ best players. Let's face it someone will have to go in the summer to keep us going financially and it's not always the players fault that they are sold too.

I totally agree with you. I have never criticised him for going. Football is a business and the biggest or shall I say richest clubs get to pluck the best talent. That is not Rooney's fault. That is the business.

An 18 year old becomes a superstar overnight and has the most high profile manager in the game representing the biggest wealthiest club in the world waving riches at him........come on who is going to say no. I wouldn't. I would prefer to stay but I would go if it meant setting up my family for evermore in riches and security.

I hope he returns to Goodison while he still has something to offer.

I totally agree with you. I have never criticised him for going. Football is a business and the biggest or shall I say richest clubs get to pluck the best talent. That is not Rooney's fault. That is the business.

An 18 year old becomes a superstar overnight and has the most high profile manager in the game representing the biggest wealthiest club in the world waving riches at him........come on who is going to say no. I wouldn't. I would prefer to stay but I would go if it meant setting up my family for evermore in riches and security.

I hope he returns to Goodison while he still has something to offer.

Spot on mate.

You were right mate.
frank i know a couple of his best mates real well , wayne is a toff mate ,he had to leave ,like you i have waited all my life for a player to come through the ranks like him .trust me mate wayne will be back here a lot sooner then people think ,ps if he had never came allong and got us £27 mill were would we be now: were would bill be now

frank i know a couple of his best mates real well , wayne is a toff mate ,he had to leave ,like you i have waited all my life for a player to come through the ranks like him .trust me mate wayne will be back here a lot sooner then people think ,ps if he had never came allong and got us £27 mill were would we be now:
were would bill be now

Yeah I know. Still heartbreaking to think what might have been, he should be Everton captain now and breaking records for us. The day he left was the day I lost all faith in footballers, I'll never get that attached to a player again.

frank i know a couple of his best mates real well , wayne is a toff mate ,he had to leave ,like you i have waited all my life for a player to come through the ranks like him .trust me mate wayne will be back here a lot sooner then people think ,ps if he had never came allong and got us £27 mill were would we be now: were would bill be now

Sounds real promising that mate.

Totally agree with everything else you said too, winds me up when he gets so much ****e.

Hope u r right foxy. It's impossible for me to believe u can be a die hard fan and have it ever really leave u...I've always believed what u r saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back