Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

• Rooney

Votes: 61 12.6%
  • Sigurðsson

Votes: 260 53.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 53 10.9%
  • Both

Votes: 112 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If either or both came in my opinion they would improve the bench but not the team so it would be a step forward. Would either be happy on the bench Rooney may as well stay at United if that's the case and Sigurdsson could join a host of clubs and be main man. I would probably swerve for that reason.

I'm not sure either tbh. The way we're playing at the moment, Koeman seems to like having a more traditional wide player alongside Barkley and Lukaku. Neither is well suited to such a role. Would Rooney come in to rotate with Lukaku? Whilst we do need better bench strength up front, I can't imagine Rooney's ego would allow that, nor indeed our budget. Sigurdsson meanwhile would only come in to compete with Barkley rather than play alongside him imo.

I do think we need options to rest both Lukaku and Barkley, especially with the number of games we'll hopefully have next season, but neither of these are the right options imo.

With Koeman making noises about a top 4 finish next season, Sigurdsson wasn't good enough for Spurs so it's a NO for him from me.

Rooney, on the other hand, could be exceptionally useful in bringing in high profile players from Europe plus he still has an excellent footballing brain for the telling pass & could only help Ross develop further so it's a YES for him from me

In our current system (which looks very well suited to us) we have Barkley and Mirallas. Lookman is the rotation for Mirallas and we lack a rotation option for Barkley.

Rooney is past it...the only reason to sign him would be to entice other big names to join, but why would they join now hes past his peak + we dont need a shed load of stars,just a sprinkling.

Gylfi would be my preferred option but hes never had to break down packed defences.

Surely theres other options?

My god if we got Sigurrdson.

FWIW, I cannot see him leaving Swansea if they stay up. Apparently he enjoys living there, and whilst we can replicate everything he enjoys (beaches, and peace), I just can't see it.

He'd be amazing. Imagine Gylffi, Schneiderlin and Barkley as our midfield trio, the creativity would be unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back