Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of weird obsessives in this thread about someone who doesn't play for us anymore.

Who really cares
This is what I don't understand, Felliani was a much better player for us, didn't disrespect us like this clown, but people don't go on about him all the time, and was a genuinely good player dir us and gas been at United. It's a weird obsession some have with a local player he should be irreivant

I hate to be fair to Souness, but what he says about brain is just a football analysis and nothing personal to Barkley outside that. I have to say too that he's spot on with his aassessment of what he's done to improve.

I feel unclean now!

My eyes were even watering reading it, trying very hard not to agree....
Aaarrggh!!

The comment he made about not being properly coached actually makes sense. He isn't a naturally intelligent player like Rooney, Hazard, Messi, Iniesta etc for example. He's one of those players that needs to be micromanaged & properly taught the game.

He looked completely lost in the few games he did play under Conte & wasn't much better at the start of the season. Sarri seems to have taken a liking to him & he finally repaid his faith today.

Still think he plays too tenatively at times for my liking & sometimes looks in complete awe at some of the players he's playing alongside but today was a glimpse of the player we all thought he'd become back in 13/14.

Don't think there were many who thought he was never going to have the odd good game here and there, it's hardly a surprise as he used to for us and he's playing with more quality around him at Chelsea. Still has a lot to prove and a long way to go before he's held up as a midfield general though no matter how much some want him to become one. he'd need to start playing in and running big games for that. There's never any middle ground these days ( on the Internet at least) a few poor performances and someone's crap, similarly a few half decent or good ones and they're worth 60 odd mill.

It's because those who hate him know he's one of us (a real one and not some Kopite phoney who tanked games). Deep down they want him home.
But how can they have him home when he refused to stay, take Baines for example, a real blue, who has always played his best and been loyal to the club, that's the type of hero we should focus on, not some want away

But how can they have him home when he refused to stay, take Baines for example, a real blue, who has always played his best and been loyal to the club, that's the type of hero we should focus on, not some want away

Brought up a Kopite, supported them until he was 15, then switches his support to Blackburn Rovers, gets signed by Everton and tanked games when it pleased him.

I cant think of anyone less like a 'real blue'.

Brought up a Kopite, supported them until he was 15, then switches his support to Blackburn Rovers, gets signed by Everton and tanked games when it pleased him.

I cant think of anyone less like a 'real blue'.

That would be Leighton Baines the 19th most capped player in the 130 year history of Everton FC? If we agree a defining feature of the Koppite is hatred of Everton FC, then what does that make you davek?

It's because those who hate him know he's one of us (a real one and not some Kopite phoney who tanked games). Deep down they want him home.
Not sure about that mate. He's a great player on his day, I've never doubted that. However I would never have him back because of his rodent tendencies. No "real blue" does that to his own club. Baines is twice the Evertonian than that snake is or ever will be.

He'll get there. He's at a club that takes its players seriously and have coaches capable of improving him.

Totally agree with you. It's good that some good coaching has finally been able to remove all that nonsense rammed into his head by Martinez and his motley crew of coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back