Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with you. It's good that some good coaching has finally been able to remove all that nonsense rammed into his head by Martinez and his motley crew of coaches.

Martinez used him to help hand us our best ever PL season, ply our best ever football since the 80's, get us to two domestic cup SFs, and in return Barkley became a full England international.

Koeman destroyed Barkley's progress. Koeman pushed him out the door - and with the carpet bagger's blessing.

Not sure about that mate. He's a great player on his day, I've never doubted that. However I would never have him back because of his rodent tendencies. No "real blue" does that to his own club. Baines is twice the Evertonian than that snake is or ever will be.
Marco Silva would have him here in a heartbeat.

Marco Silva would have him here in a heartbeat.

Not getting into a long winded pointless argument with you over a Chelsea player, but Ross is not the exciting, fearless player he was when under Martinez in his first season. He's a safety first, quite run of the mill midfielder, who created a goal and actually scored his First goal of the season off his shins.
I would have the Barkley who played that season, not this Barkley now unless he drastically improved.
Even then I would find it very hard to forgive the way he slid out of Everton costing us a small fortune.

Played some of his best footy under Martinez.

Agreed, but only briefly and he became increasingly inconsistent in Martinez' 2nd and 3rd seasons, to the extent that he was eventually hauled off and left out, even by Roberto. Under The Golfer he had his most consistent spell, not brilliant but good. Souness is right in that article, he did things at Southampton that he never showed at Everton where, as he says, he too often beat a man, or even two, got to the edge of the box then lost possession or gave it away. Martinez never attempted to correct this obvious flaw in his game, or if he did, he failed.

In addition to the better coaching he seems to be receiving, I'm sure his spell in the 'wilderness' combined with watching just how hard Chelsea's better players work on and off the ball has made him more receptive to advice. Still got a long way to go to reach and stay at their level.

Not getting into a long winded pointless argument with you over a Chelsea player, but Ross is not the exciting, fearless player he was when under Martinez in his first season. He's a safety first, quite run of the mill midfielder, who created a goal and actually scored his First goal of the season off his shins.
I would have the Barkley who played that season, not this Barkley now unless he drastically improved.
Even then I would find it very hard to forgive the way he slid out of Everton costing us a small fortune.
I agree to a degree. I'd rather have the swashbuckling player who turns and runs at defences and has a pop. However, he has been lacking in reining that in and doing what's right for the team as a whole in the past. So if he adds another string to his bow it will make him - in theory - a more complete player.

Said the same, add Dave Watson to that as well, Dave just doesn't seem to grasp that or is so set in his ways he just won't. This grudge against Baines is incredulous.
Its just a silly agenda based around going against everything good about Everton and sticking up for Everthing bad

I agree to a degree. I'd rather have the swashbuckling player who turns and runs at defences and has a pop. However, he has been lacking in reining that in and doing what's right for the team as a whole in the past. So if he adds another string to his bow it will make him - in theory - a more complete player.

Not so sure they'll ever get that swashbuckling player back, especially after that injury Dave, but I wish him no ill will. Thought how he left us hanging for a year, then made us wait again while we rehabilitated his injury was just awful. If he comes back to Everton with Chelsea I'll still boo him like, but that's about it, I have total indifference to his career one way or another.

Not so sure they'll ever get that swashbuckling player back, especially after that injury Dave, but I wish him no ill will. Thought how he left us hanging for a year, then made us wait again while we rehabilitated his injury was just awful. If he comes back to Everton with Chelsea I'll still boo him like, but that's about it, I have total indifference to his career one way or another.
That isn't the Everton way is it? Surely it's only Everton players (and managers) get boooo'd by the home supporters at Goodison :oops::oops:lol

Said the same, add Dave Watson to that as well, Dave just doesn't seem to grasp that or is so set in his ways he just won't. This grudge against Baines is incredulous.
I cannot confirm its veracity, but rumour has it that he and Capt Jags were instrumental in conspiring to bring about Bobby's demise... I imagine they were constantly in the carpet bagger's ear. Apparently, on Bainesy's phone alone, 72 emails were sent to the Iranian...yes, 72...does that number ring a bell??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back