Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot confirm its veracity, but rumour has it that he and Capt Jags were instrumental in conspiring to bring about Bobby's demise... I imagine they were constantly in the carpet bagger's ear. Apparently, on Bainesy's phone alone, 72 emails were sent to the Iranian...yes, 72...does that number ring a bell??

Heard that number somewhere, don't know by who, hang on he may have said it 72 times ! lol

but I wish him no ill will.

Hear, hear. I don't like anyone wishing ill on ex-players. It is very grown up to put aside the differences and the pain and the stonking amount of cash he screwed us of, so I wish him no ill too apart from hoping for both his hamstrings to snap like an overzealous 6 year old playing a banjo. :oops:

...My therapist says I'm getting a lot better compared to what I used to think should happen to him.

but rumour has it that he and Capt Jags were instrumental in conspiring to bring about Bobby's demise.

Why hasn't a statue of them been erected yet in their honour?

Well he is still "one of us" according to some. :)

Are you calling us all massive bell-ends? Oh wait...I see...still an Evertonian. I get you now. :p

Been thinking about his comments the other day and think there's an element of truth when you consider his Everton managers:

Moyes just didn't play him enough after he recovered from the leg break, pure and simple. Loaned him out twice in his last season when we were so dearth of options at CM.

Martinez allowed him to burst onto the scene but the longer Martinez was here the more Barkley was given absolutely no responsibility off the ball. He was a passenger who just waited for a counter or for us to be in possession at the end of the Martinez era. It was so different from the all action player who looked like a world beater in that first game against Norwich away.

Koeman made him a harder worker off the ball but suppressed his ability to run at and take on players, we did see a bit more of his ability to run games and pull the strings but even then he was often played on one of the wings and Koeman tended to opt for more defensive players in the midfield 3. Koeman's constant scapegoating didn't help things.

As for Allardyce... I'm pretty sure he was briefed the lad was already gone so I can't really comment on that.

Don't get me wrong now Barkley's gone, and the manner in which he jibbed off the club, he can do one. But I think there was something in those "not coached" comments.

Been thinking about his comments the other day and think there's an element of truth when you consider his Everton managers:

Moyes just didn't play him enough after he recovered from the leg break, pure and simple. Loaned him out twice in his last season when we were so dearth of options at CM.

Martinez allowed him to burst onto the scene but the longer Martinez was here the more Barkley was given absolutely no responsibility off the ball. He was a passenger who just waited for a counter or for us to be in possession at the end of the Martinez era. It was so different from the all action player who looked like a world beater in that first game against Norwich away.

Koeman made him a harder worker off the ball but suppressed his ability to run at and take on players, we did see a bit more of his ability to run games and pull the strings but even then he was often played on one of the wings and Koeman tended to opt for more defensive players in the midfield 3. Koeman's constant scapegoating didn't help things.

As for Allardyce... I'm pretty sure he was briefed the lad was already gone so I can't really comment on that.

Don't get me wrong now Barkley's gone, and the manner in which he jibbed off the club, he can do one. But I think there was something in those "not coached" comments.

Agree with a lot of that, Moyes thought he wasn't ready and sent him out to learn his trade. Martinez fauned on him, really let him do what he liked and gave him no responsibility, though he did play his best, most exciting football at that time. Koeman was the polar opposite of Martinez, made him work hard off the ball, Barkley had to learn responsibility under him, but you could tell they didn't get on, the writing was on the wall.

None of our managers trusted him in that central midfield position and pushed him further up the pitch as possible.

Sarri seems to trust him in that midfield 3 as a CM who can get forward when needed and suits their style.

nail on the head there mate

i also think if we had a different manager during the last two years he would have probably stayed as him and koeman clearly hated eachother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back