Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad about, Stones, Lukaku and Barkley leaving for higher profile and let's face it better clubs with better players, but fine that's the way it is with most clubs in most league's.

The top clubs always cherry pick the best players from below them, that's what makes them the top club's. What I can't understand is why it's In our case, Evertons owners fault or our fan's fault. These players wanted to leave and its almost impossible to keep unhappy players.

There are cases of Suarez, Torres and even Can ( who's crap anyway) leaving Liverpool, Arsenal have lost countless players over the years and even Man United lost one of the best players in the world, Ronaldo, also Tevez to Man City. It happens but in most cases, fans accept it or blame the "greedy players" , but not on here, it's Evertons fault or the fans fault, weird really it's as if some on here love it when they can find a stick big enough to beat the club or other fan's with.
Basically, it goes like this:
Non-EPL club/non-Big 6 club/smaller foreign club -> Big 6 club -> La Liga/USA/other CL-level team

Say if Lukaku, who moved from us to Man United, were to move to, I dunno, Juventus or something.

Sad about, Stones, Lukaku and Barkley leaving for higher profile and let's face it better clubs with better players, but fine that's the way it is with most clubs in most league's.

The top clubs always cherry pick the best players from below them, that's what makes them the top club's. What I can't understand is why it's In our case, Evertons owners fault or our fan's fault. These players wanted to leave and its almost impossible to keep unhappy players.

There are cases of Suarez, Torres and even Can ( who's crap anyway) leaving Liverpool, Arsenal have lost countless players over the years and even Man United lost one of the best players in the world, Ronaldo, also Tevez to Man City. It happens but in most cases, fans accept it or blame the "greedy players" , but not on here, it's Evertons fault or the fans fault, weird really it's as if some on here love it when they can find a stick big enough to beat the club or other fan's with.

Those sides can attract replacements on the same par to what they sold.

We struggle to do that. Additionally, every club bemoans what they wished they could've achieved with what they had (see Chelsea with Salah, De Bryune etc) for example.

We had those players for a number of seasons and never really kicked on.

We struggle to do that. Additionally, every club bemoans what they wished they could've achieved with what they had (see Chelsea with Salah, De Bryune etc) for example.

Still not replaced Lukaku :(

That's not really a fair example of Evertons situation though is it. Barkley came through our reserves, Stone's was bought as a youngster from a lower league and a young Lukaku chose us as a loan club rather than WBA.

It could be argued that we brought them players up to that level and when they reached that levelz, CL teams wanted them and they moved on to better themselves. We as a club in my opinion, are not in t h e position to make superstar £60 / 75m ready made signings like United / City etc, our model is to buy the younger with potential market players.

Though this year , hopefully Gomes will replace Barkley and one of Mina or Zooma will be a more than adequate replacement for Stones. Lukaku is the most difficult to replace, could we find a young Lukaku ?

That's not really a fair example of Evertons situation though is it. Barkley came through our reserves, Stone's was bought as a youngster from a lower league and a young Lukaku chose us as a loan club rather than WBA.

It could be argued that we brought them players up to that level and when they reached that levelz, CL teams wanted them and they moved on to better themselves. We as a club in my opinion, are not in t h e position to make superstar £60 / 75m ready made signings like United / City etc, our model is to buy the younger with potential market players.

Though this year , hopefully Gomes will replace Barkley and one of Mina or Zooma will be a more than adequate replacement for Stones. Lukaku is the most difficult to replace, could we find a young Lukaku ?

Of course it could be remedied and the bigger sides have more options to do so.

But the point has always "what could've been" with a bit of direction and vision from better management on and off the field

Of course it could be remedied and the bigger sides have more options to do so.

But the point has always "what could've been" with a bit of direction and vision from better management on and off the field
Hopefully get someone who can slot against the 5 or 6 sides presumably better than us on paper, not just the bottom half clubs like Lukuku did....

He would.

Koeman's bizarrely personal priority while at Everton was to get Barkley out of the door. I think on reflection he just doesn't like midfielders to have that type of talent. He did well in the game by surging forward and getting goals, and he looks to me like he hated anyone getting plaudits for being a talent themselves at that.

He was a strange man. Completely motivated to degrading players. His insecurity issues must be terrible. Just an all round disgusting failure of a coach. Thank goodness he was binned for the imposter he was and is.

I do wonder if Koeman hadn’t been here he may still be here.

I’ve probably slated him in the past but it’s only because I miss him.

Knocking back contracts since Martinez was here. Interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/roberto-martinez-ross-barkley-everton-contract

Biggest 'kin trumpet we've had in generations.

It's the damage he did to finances and the club's previous reputation for buying quality but for value.

I despise the man.
It's not always I find my views in accord with yours (eg you don't think Bobby should accept the Real Madrid job, whereas I'd love him to... I think he'd transform them)...but on the Koeman subject, I couldn't agree with you more. Fatty Koeman, (and Gormless Walsh), wrought terrible damage on Everton; incompetent, extinction level event weapons , the pair of 'em.
I raise a toast to the shipping company that misplaced his consignment of flip-flops...I hope his feet got hot sand blisters!

He would.

Koeman's bizarrely personal priority while at Everton was to get Barkley out of the door. I think on reflection he just doesn't like midfielders to have that type of talent. He did well in the game by surging forward and getting goals, and he looks to me like he hated anyone getting plaudits for being a talent themselves at that.

He was a strange man. Completely motivated to degrading players. His insecurity issues must be terrible. Just an all round disgusting failure of a coach. Thank goodness he was binned for the imposter he was and is.

Weird, replace the word Koeman with Martinez and its word for word what I would type.

Martínez added: “I’ve just seen a big difference this season in Ross. Before it was all about trying to give him information and make him a type of a player. This season has been very different because he’s the one who wants clarifications and is asking for the information he needs. It shows he has the confidence he needs. “There was an action against Newcastle when he tracked Andros Townsend back all the way, and won the ball back. That wasn’t his role."

Jesus wept. It's like neither could think for themselves or make their mind up what he was supposed to do. No wonder he complained about lack of coaching at Everton. Get in the bin please Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back