Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would.

Koeman's bizarrely personal priority while at Everton was to get Barkley out of the door. I think on reflection he just doesn't like midfielders to have that type of talent. He did well in the game by surging forward and getting goals, and he looks to me like he hated anyone getting plaudits for being a talent themselves at that.

He was a strange man. Completely motivated to degrading players. His insecurity issues must be terrible. Just an all round disgusting failure of a coach. Thank goodness he was binned for the imposter he was and is.

There's an article with Mirallas saying exactly that.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/kevin-mirallas-shock-interview-claims-15353328

I'd advise anyone who didn't know what an absolute shambles that Dutch get was to read that article.

As a side note: maybe Mirallas reflected when he had to deal with a turd like Koeman that maybe he'd done the wrong thing downing tools and trying to stab the previous manager in the back.

He lives and learns, hopefully.

Barkley fell out of love with club and the fans, dont know why tho. Also get the impression watching stones and lukaku leave also convinced him to leave. I enjoyed watching him play when he was in form but martinez loved him to much and koeman hated him.

Koeman didn't hate Barkley, he just refused to molly-coddle him. He played 39 games overall in his final proper season with us, that's hardly throwing someone on the scrap heap because you hate them like he did with Niasse. He's said himself as well that he felt RK's tough love approach brought the best out in him towards the end, Barkley finished that season in far better form that he ever did in a campaign under Martinez.

The lad's just a Billy Big Bollocks who fell for his own hype, end of. He left in the August like he was meant too then there would be no hard feelings, least not from me. We brought him through, played him for a few seasons but ultimately it just didn't ever quite come together like we all wanted it too so he left for a new challenge, fair enough really. Instead he deliberately scammed us out of £20m and let us foot the bill for his surgery and rehab whilst Chelsea waited in the wings all along to come back for him as soon as he was fit, it was his and their plan all along.

Scumbag, wouldn't care if his career ended tomorrow.

Whilst I agree and I ain't no fan of mirallas, Koeman has had previous.
No fan of Koeman but he's really not doing anything out of the ordinary there. The biggest malingering, work-shy, disruptive sick note in the club knocks on your door demanding answers and what's your response? Invite him in for a sit down with some tea and biscuits? I don't think so - any reasonable person would plant their foot up his aris and volley him over the hedge at Finch Farm. Kev should be thankful he got a polite no.

Why the club then blocked his attempts to leave is another question, which they did IIRC and could have had an element of spite to it. We weren't talking about a big money transfer where you'd drive a hard bargain.

He did make Barkley captain as well, and I remember a few interviews where he was complimentary about Barkley. Hardly hatred. I'd say the way he treated Niasse was far, far worse. That was outright bullying. The Secret Footballer said some new managers do that, they single out a player and bully him to let the squad know who's boss.
No fan of Koeman but he's really not doing anything out of the ordinary there. The biggest malingering, work-shy, disruptive sick note in the club knocks on your door demanding answers and what's your response? Invite him in for a sit down with some tea and biscuits? I don't think so - any reasonable person would plant their foot up his aris and volley him over the hedge at Finch Farm. Kev should be thankful he got a polite no.

Why the club then blocked his attempts to leave is another question, which they did IIRC and could have had an element of spite to it. We weren't talking about a big money transfer where you'd drive a hard bargain.
Mirallas is also the guy who goofed off in training along with Schneiderlin, and got thrown out by Ferguson, IIRC.

Last edited:

Koeman has upset players where ever he's managed, it's well documented. The feller is a bully.

Koeman has upset players where ever he's managed, it's well documented. The feller is a bully.
Exactly.

A vindictive bully who's ego cant handle any player having talent because it threatens his own wafer-thin sense of security.

A tool right from the off when he looked for all the world disinterested and even resentful in taking the Everton job, because OBVIOUSLY Barcelona or Arsenal should have been hammering at his door.

A horrible get who nearly killed the club, and some people take up his side over a player who was forced out by him.

Off topic, but I'm surprised it was Niasse of all people he picked on. Not, say, Jagielka or Coleman or the Belgian menace upthread, one of the more established players.

Koeman didn't hate Barkley, he just refused to molly-coddle him. He played 39 games overall in his final proper season with us, that's hardly throwing someone on the scrap heap because you hate them like he did with Niasse. He's said himself as well that he felt RK's tough love approach brought the best out in him towards the end, Barkley finished that season in far better form that he ever did in a campaign under Martinez.

The lad's just a Billy Big Bollocks who fell for his own hype, end of. He left in the August like he was meant too then there would be no hard feelings, least not from me. We brought him through, played him for a few seasons but ultimately it just didn't ever quite come together like we all wanted it too so he left for a new challenge, fair enough really. Instead he deliberately scammed us out of £20m and let us foot the bill for his surgery and rehab whilst Chelsea waited in the wings all along to come back for him as soon as he was fit, it was his and their plan all along.

Scumbag, wouldn't care if his career ended tomorrow.

Thats the thing
If he didn't have patience to see out another manager and try and make his own club successful, that's fair enough, most young talented players are impatient and ill-advised
even if he thought, ok my club is not going anywhere, and i'm better than Rooney so I have to go and make my career work, fine
But deliberaately screwing the club he is supposed to love is really strange
I really don't understand how professional footballers can manage their feelings about their own clubs. Dont expect them to play for their clubs for life, but still, you'd try and not damage them at leasst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back