Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still does not know when to release the ball and wastes possession far too much for my liking.

Bit surprised that this has not been worked on as much as it should, as it has not improved any over the last 12 months.

I can honestly say I've not over noticed this problem. Yes of course it's something you would want him to get better at and Develop it as a skill, but really?...is he any worse at it than anyone else in our team? Apart from Etto Id say No not really!

The lads been injured most the season, played out of posistion in 80% of his game time and playing in a team that's not really kicked into any sort of real form yet.

We're very lucky to have him!

ha ha ,sorry I hate the little s**t but he is in front of ross at the minute mores the pity.

Hmmm, I'd disagree. Sterling is a one-trick pony who is largely failing to perform/repeat the tricks of last season... Ross is a multi-trick pony who just needs to find a little of last seasons form and then the tricks will flow and those around him on the pitch and us in the stands will benefit more than the RS will if Sterling stops falling over or falling asleep.

Or we could support him, and allow him to develop at his own rate.

He's getting lots of support from the club and our fanbase.

Right now, in this setup, he appears crucial to the team. If his form doesn't improve then our prospects probably won't either.

I'm not having a go at him, just saying that he needs to deliver for all of our sakes.

He's getting lots of support from the club and our fanbase.

Right now, in this setup, he appears crucial to the team. If his form doesn't improve then our prospects probably won't either.

I'm not having a go at him, just saying that he needs to deliver for all of our sakes.

In my opinion mate, this kind of pressure is not needed.

I can honestly say I've not over noticed this problem. Yes of course it's something you would want him to get better at and Develop it as a skill, but really?...is he any worse at it than anyone else in our team? Apart from Etto Id say No not really!

The lads been injured most the season, played out of posistion in 80% of his game time and playing in a team that's not really kicked into any sort of real form yet.

We're very lucky to have him!

I would have to say yes to that. It's his end product, or sometimes his reluctance to let go of the ball which ends up in him dithering and being caught in possession or running out of space and losing it.

I am very surprised you have not noticed it and others have not picked up on it as much. Or maybe I just have it in my head now and can't see past it! Either way, yes we are lucky to have him and I am sure he will bring some joy to the team and the fans as he develops further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back