Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley, in my opinion, is the finest young footballer in the country. He has everything - pace, power, control, technique, can make and score goals, and little seems to phase him. After the poor referee, as covered in the matchday thread, him not starting was the biggest reason you didn't come away with a point or more yesterday, already after not even forty starts in the Premier League he's one of the players opposition fans fear most. The only weakness i've noticed in his game, and i might well be wrong and am more than prepared to bow to the views of those who watch him every week, is his passing, especially when at pace, but i think that's down to a lack of experience, sometimes he's understandably a bit too eager, but that goes with games. Can only see him being England's most key player over the next ten years, one of the very best players in the division, and i don't think £50m's a bloated valuation when you consider what he could be worth to Everton over a number of years, or another club if you decide to move him on.
he isn't even the finest young player in Liverpool let alone England. everybody needs to take the home grown blue specs off. All Evertonians are desperate for ross to come good but he's not playing well. Quote's like this are heaping to much responsibility on the lad.

Still does not know when to release the ball and wastes possession far too much for my liking.

Bit surprised that this has not been worked on as much as it should, as it has not improved any over the last 12 months.

Barkley, in my opinion, is the finest young footballer in the country. He has everything - pace, power, control, technique, can make and score goals, and little seems to phase him. After the poor referee, as covered in the matchday thread, him not starting was the biggest reason you didn't come away with a point or more yesterday, already after not even forty starts in the Premier League he's one of the players opposition fans fear most. The only weakness i've noticed in his game, and i might well be wrong and am more than prepared to bow to the views of those who watch him every week, is his passing, especially when at pace, but i think that's down to a lack of experience, sometimes he's understandably a bit too eager, but that goes with games. Can only see him being England's most key player over the next ten years, one of the very best players in the division, and i don't think £50m's a bloated valuation when you consider what he could be worth to Everton over a number of years, or another club if you decide to move him on.

Make and score goals?

1 assist and 6 goals in 60 games ffs

he isn't even the finest young player in Liverpool let alone England. everybody needs to take the home grown blue specs off. All Evertonians are desperate for ross to come good but he's not playing well. Quote's like this are heaping to much responsibility on the lad.

That's the nub. He's off form and anticipating hard challenges that may not come hence he is "diving". I can see why when you've had a multiple leg break.

Personally I wonder if Roy Hodgson has damaged him in some way as he is not the player now that went off the WC and Roy shouting "********* Ross" immediately he came on to the field during the last friendly was just downright soul destroying even for the strongest characters.

Anyone blue who wants to see him sold is a fool. He could be part of a famous EFC team in the next few years .. given a bit of luck and a team shake up. WTF, an average age of 30 1/2 taking the field against City :(

That's the nub. He's off form and anticipating hard challenges that may not come hence he is "diving". I can see why when you've had a multiple leg break.

Personally I wonder if Roy Hodgson has damaged him in some way as he is not the player now that went off the WC and Roy shouting "********* Ross" immediately he came on to the field during the last friendly was just downright soul destroying even for the strongest characters.

Anyone blue who wants to see him sold is a fool. He could be part of a famous EFC team in the next few years .. given a bit of luck and a team shake up. WTF, an average age of 30 1/2 taking the field against City :(

God I'm sick to death of hearing about that

Coleman back at RB with McGeady on the wing, Barkley instead of Eto and Stone replacing Distin

Whats the average age drop to then?

God I'm sick to death of hearing about that

Coleman back at RB with McGeady on the wing, Barkley instead of Eto and Stone replacing Distin

Whats the average age drop to then?

Please no.

Lower it further with Atsu then :)

(But I take your point about manipulating age statistics)

I thought Ross did well when he came on. Playing in central midfield appeared to give him more room to run into (rather then immediately facing two defenders and running into a dead end, like when he plays second striker) it also made the option of making a pass more achievable and more appealing for Ross, imo.

If there is one positive from his drop in form, then it is a significant decrease in this unwarranted hype that has been following him around. Hopefully these ridiculous stories of 40, 50 or 60 million pound moves to Champions League clubs can stop. Ross isn't ready for that yet, and needs to focus on becoming good enough for Everton, before he starts thinking of being good enough for clubs with far better squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back