Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to take a long time to play his way into form after an injury.

I'd still persevere with him in the starting XI though, at least until Naismith is fit.

He's at a top football club FFS, playing internationals and in the richest, most publicised, league in the world. Pressure surely comes with the territory, irrespective of age and individual expectation/hope.

Not the type of pressure Im reading in here.

Everyone has a dip in form every now and again, especially after being injured for two months or so ffs.

The lad is gonna be effin' brilliant, give him time.

The timing of the injury didn't help, because of the World Cup he only played in 2 preseason games then got injured, so by the time he played for us in October he'd only played a WC warm up game for England, one game in the WC and two preseason games since the end of last season, that's 4 games spread over about 5-6 months, during two of them he was pretty much unable to train.

Just turned 21, Nice to see he has your full support, mate.

How old is Stones? How old was Colin Harvey when he started and got stuck in? there are many more examples.look at Rooney, Beckham.

Look friend how long do you want to give him, having said that I am not convinced Roberto really knows how or where to play him.

The timing of the injury didn't help, because of the World Cup he only played in 2 preseason games then got injured, so by the time he played for us in October he'd only played a WC warm up game for England, one game in the WC and two preseason games since the end of last season, that's 4 games spread over about 5-6 months, during two of them he was pretty much unable to train.

There is no doubt he has ability but is inconsistent. With his ability and young age how much training does he need?

How old is Stones? How old was Colin Harvey when he started and got stuck in? there are many more examples.look at Rooney, Beckham.

Look friend how long do you want to give him, having said that I am not convinced Roberto really knows how or where to play him.

Well lets see how fans react when Stones has a bad patch.....and he will.

I think we all worry a bit too much about Ross. He is the most technically gifted player at the club by a mile. The whole team as a unit look dreadful and confidence is all over the place. It makes sense to me that the younger, more vulnerable players feel the effects of that pressure a little bit more. They have more of a point to prove. What Ross is going through is the same as what Sterling and Januzaj are also going through. What he needs to learn is that the best way to get over dips in form is to still be an asset to the team. If he is not going to contribute to his usual level on the ball, he needs to give more off the ball. Getting the crowd on side is half the battle when he is playing badly he doesn't do that. I have complete confidence he will sort it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back