Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Barkley was fantastic when he came on, and to some extent, completely changed the game for us. I've never seen a young midfielder have the ability to waltz past world-class players like they aren't even there.

I just hope to God that his passing and creativity improves, and the same with his shooting (even though it's pretty decent). Because we will literally have one of the best players in the world with us.
I agree. Thought he showed alot of bravery. getting on the ball so much considering how much pressure hes on from fans n media everytime he plays. Shows what he is capable of. He will give the ball away which is a worry in a deeper role.
Would love for him to be aggressive like rooney was at that age. Would add another 10% to his game. Amount of times i screamed at him yest to get stuck in yest.

Barkley, in my opinion, is the finest young footballer in the country. He has everything - pace, power, control, technique, can make and score goals, and little seems to phase him. After the poor referee, as covered in the matchday thread, him not starting was the biggest reason you didn't come away with a point or more yesterday, already after not even forty starts in the Premier League he's one of the players opposition fans fear most. The only weakness i've noticed in his game, and i might well be wrong and am more than prepared to bow to the views of those who watch him every week, is his passing, especially when at pace, but i think that's down to a lack of experience, sometimes he's understandably a bit too eager, but that goes with games. Can only see him being England's most key player over the next ten years, one of the very best players in the division, and i don't think £50m's a bloated valuation when you consider what he could be worth to Everton over a number of years, or another club if you decide to move him on.

Barkley in the deeper role is an option I would look at and play Naismith when fit in the ATM
What do you mean by deep? Where he was picking up the ball yesterday was just about his best positioning. Too deep and your heart's in your mouth in case he loses possession; too far up the pitch and the game passes him by.

I thought he did well yesterday. I was particularly impressed when he knocked Toure out of his way on a couple of occasions when he was striding forward.

What do you mean by deep? Where he was picking up the ball yesterday was just about his best positioning. Too deep and your heart's in your mouth in case he loses possession; too far up the pitch and the game passes him by.

I thought he did well yesterday. I was particularly impressed when he knocked Toure out of his way on a couple of occasions when he was striding forward.

He was played yesterday alongside Barry when he came on I'm talking that position or Barry's and play him nxt to mcarthy if we are struggling for a good pass and to feed rom.

Barkley, in my opinion, is the finest young footballer in the country. He has everything - pace, power, control, technique, can make and score goals, and little seems to phase him. After the poor referee, as covered in the matchday thread, him not starting was the biggest reason you didn't come away with a point or more yesterday, already after not even forty starts in the Premier League he's one of the players opposition fans fear most. The only weakness i've noticed in his game, and i might well be wrong and am more than prepared to bow to the views of those who watch him every week, is his passing, especially when at pace, but i think that's down to a lack of experience, sometimes he's understandably a bit too eager, but that goes with games. Can only see him being England's most key player over the next ten years, one of the very best players in the division, and i don't think £50m's a bloated valuation when you consider what he could be worth to Everton over a number of years, or another club if you decide to move him on.

I just wish he would turn in consistently the performances he is capable of to justify the faith that people have in him like yourself. He should be taking games by the scruff and dictating play.

Reference the previous comments has anyone thought that Roberto does not know exactly where to play him and how?

Barkley blows hot and cold -
very hot and very cold -
he needs to get more consistent -
he is more suited to playing deeper with space for his pace -
he is not the solution to our lack of an attacking nr 10 playing through the middle -

He was boss when he come on, just went past World Class players like they were kids.

That alone should be enough for some to see, but now....they want more...!

Last edited:
Everton FC midfielder Ross Barkley insists "I don't dive - I'm a Scouser!"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-midfielder-ross-barkley-8243416?

Barkley suffers from the growing English disease - diving. It seems that this is being coached into them whether by the national manager or the club manager or encouraged at the England camp by players. The like of Gerrard, Sterling, Sturridge, Wilshere, Welbeck can at times spend most of the game on their backsides. Henderson has now perfected the dive in the area when it is going wrong. Manu and England players also perfected the dive around the penalty area when Beckham was in his free kick prime. Gary Cahill has learnt well off John Terry to go down when caught in possession. And Baines and Barkley are both known to go to ground easily at times.

Barkley would be better off slowing down at times and not running up blind alleys getting caught in possession or losing the ball followed by the dive.

Barkley has the potential but he should try and work himself back into form by just doing the simple things pass and move well. Too often at the moment it is head down and bash on regardless, even though there is a player on for a pass. Dribbling is a major skill that should never be knocked out of a player but also the right time to dribble and the right time to pass needs to be in the mind of the player. Barkley was the second most fouled player last season whilst dribbling because he was in form and playing well. He needs to work himself back into form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back