Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he isn't yet fit and Martinez is trying to figure how to use him best.

As for playing Hibbert, we moan when he isn't tactically flexible so we can't moan when he shakes things up.

Of course hes fit mate.

Wish people would stop making excuses for bobby and just admit he's been utter [Poor language removed] this season.

People would pardon the fella for murder on here it really is RAWKish

I thought Barkley was fantastic when he came on, and to some extent, completely changed the game for us. I've never seen a young midfielder have the ability to waltz past world-class players like they aren't even there.

I just hope to God that his passing and creativity improves, and the same with his shooting (even though it's pretty decent). Because we will literally have one of the best players in the world with us.

Of course hes fit mate.

Wish people would stop making excuses for bobby and just admit he's been utter [Poor language removed] this season.

People would pardon the fella for murder on here it really is RAWKish

Martinez has cocked up a few times, is right.

Where do you get your information regarding who is fit though? Too many assumptions knocking about!

I had to laugh yesterday when he tracked back and made a really good tackle to win the ball off one of their players running towards our defence.

He then layed the ball off to a defender who gave it back to Ross.

Then he tried to do a silly little trick to get out of trouble rather than a sensible thing and lost the ball.

Martinez has cocked up a few times, is right.

Where do you get your information regarding who is fit though? Too many assumptions knocking about!

Who's to say he wasn't fit?

He looked pretty fit running through city's midfield, shame he over thinks things rather than take the shot on but he certainly looked capable of playing. It's been about a month since his return from injury

Who's to say he wasn't fit?

He looked pretty fit running through city's midfield, shame he over thinks things rather than take the shot on but he certainly looked capable of playing. It's been about a month since his return from injury

At the end of the day mate, you have no idea how fit he is. Doing it for 20 minutes is not the same as doing it for 90.

I thought Barkley was fantastic when he came on, and to some extent, completely changed the game for us. I've never seen a young midfielder have the ability to waltz past world-class players like they aren't even there.

I just hope to God that his passing and creativity improves, and the same with his shooting (even though it's pretty decent). Because we will literally have one of the best players in the world with us.

So just needs to learn how to pass, Pick a pass and shoot

At the end of the day mate, you have no idea how fit he is. Doing it for 20 minutes is not the same as doing it for 90.

He played near 90 minutes against lille a week or so after returning from injury mate, likewise against villa the same week.

If he was fit enough then he was today

Barkley drove at them yesterday when he came on. Even if he couldn't provide the final ball he still gave them something to worry about and put them on the back foot.

Agree with this. We expect far far too much from him. We were playing the champions away from home. He came on drove at them from the middle of the park. He went on several dangerous runs but he was ultimately crowded out on the edge of their box

Barkley was fantastic when he came on. Yes, he'll lose the ball sometimes doing what he does, but any player would as it's all about taking chances and running the ball.

But he's a constant threat, unafraid to get on the ball and dictate and was solely responsible for any moment of threat we created in the second half.

Agree. He doesn't seem to track back when he loses the ball. His explosiveness and speed is amazing but when he doesn't track back as a centermid, he's providing stress to the teammates defending

agreed, just watch Harry Kane in the spurs game to see what a young lad should be doing on a football pitch. Same age as ross played out of position like ross, terrified us going forward, worked his socks off getting back and pressed our defence all over the park. If ross thinks he can walk around a football pitch letting people run straight past him, just so he can be available (should the ball get to him) he is in for a big wake up call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back