Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I liked most about last night was the pass to Coleman in the second half. Sometimes he can be a bit lazy in his passing. Not putting it in front of runners. That pass to Coleman was Messi like in that at first I thought he'd got the angle all wrong and then you see Coleman able to control it without even breaking stride and you just think that was genius.

The boy can be as good as he wants to be. If he can learn how to put runners through on goal when he makes a break from midfield then he will be a £60m player. If your a CB and he's running at you what do you do? He can go either way and burn you off with pace and strength, he can put them in the top corner with either foot. Just needs to add the slide rule pass.

I said it on a thread a few weeks ago..maybe even this thread..that Barkley is not best suited to the no. 10 role behind the striker.
The role he played last night was the role I think suits him best. He is being compared to Ballack , but to me he is similar to a young Steven Gerrard.

Good to see him actually make a few tackles as well, was chalk and cheese to recent performances. I think it did show we don't need 2 defensive midfielders in every game.

I've never felt the number 10 position really suited him. I'd love to see him playing in this position more often. Reminds me of Yaya Toure at times. Absolute class last night.

I'm glad we can put the myth that Barkley and Naismith can't play in the same team to bed.

@davek well conceded mate.

You can buy me that pint you owe me now
They still can't play in the same team when Barry and McCarthy play which will more than likely be the case again or if one is dropped there's Besic who also had a great game.

Very good performance from Ross, really happy for him.

The thing that impressed me the most were his tackles. He has seemed hesitant to do them, particularly this season after his early injury, but appeared far more confident against both City and QPR.

Don't think he'd provide enough protection for the backline away or at home against the stronger sides, for those games would prefer him as the #10, but very encouraging to see.
True but a player with his ability on the ball allows us to control the game when in possession. I think it's his best position I'm just not sure how the other players fit around him. Although would like to see him in a midfield 3.

Doubters have been having a little dig at Ross of late. Last night he showed what an amazing talent we have at our club.
Considering he missed a sizeable chunk of the season ,then on his way back to full fitness he gets a totally unwarranted mouthfull of abuse from Roy Hdgson.
Its enough to knock any player let alone a kid thats had so many setbacks.
Lets hope Ross stays injury free and rams it down Woy's throat.He is, like most of us already know a fantastic talent.
Ive not seen an Englishman perform like that since Gascoigne......Long may it continue.
Neville was grinning like a Cheshire Cat at that performance in that position.

He seemed to indicate it would make a big difference for England. Which would make sense with Rooney, Ox, Welbeck and Sterling all competing for the No10 and only Henderson competing for a place alongside Wilshire. Lets remember its the position Roy started him in the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back