Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody expects Barkley to be the finished article. When he consistently misplaces 5 yard passes though, and has been poor to awful in 90% of his games this season, that for me is a worry.

By no means a certainty he'll end up a top player.

I don't know what you see thru your eyes but "consistantly misplaces 5 yard passes" ?? I must be watching different games!

Granted he's not mastered having that decisive killer ball as yet but tbh there's only Etoo in our team who seems to have that ability.

It's a scandle what RM has done to him this year by playing him out wide. Even if not scoring or creating in the middle, his mere presence in that role caused opp players to panic and double/triple up on him, which in turn opened up space for others (Lakaku, Coleman, mirallas)

If it ain't broke don't try fixing it!!
Big dunc needs to be having a word in Bobby's ear...

Please tell me when he came on where he was told to play - ETO seems to be our player coach and was shambolic today! He is a striker - not a playmaker who is slower than a snail, and cannot pass the ball to a blue shirt!
I feel he is pushing Barkley out of his natural position!

Attitude / lack of confidence / overrated ??? Not sure which it is, but the lad is stinking the gaff out.

OK mate x

ShadyScratchyBanteng.gif

The bit where he lost the ball in the last minute in our half and half heartedly trotted after it was the most annoying thing about the whole game for me, and that is saying something.

Its pretty simple for me, the lad has huge talent but lacks consistency, as you'd expect from a 21 year old playing only his second season of football. He showed how good he was against Arsenal and Liverpool last season as well as several other games... the talent is there, no doubt about it. The problem for me is that the tactics aren't getting the best out of him. Same goes for Lukaku, look how good he was at WBA and for us at times last season. These players have a ton of talent, they just need a manager who can utilise that talent. Martinez doesn't seem to currently be able to do that.

The bit where he lost the ball in the last minute in our half and half heartedly trotted after it was the most annoying thing about the whole game for me, and that is saying something.

Nah that was eto'o putting the ball out in newcastles box cuz tiote took a ball to the b0llocks.

I don't know what you see thru your eyes but "consistantly misplaces 5 yard passes" ?? I must be watching different games!

Granted he's not mastered having that decisive killer ball as yet but tbh there's only Etoo in our team who seems to have that ability.

It's a scandle what RM has done to him this year by playing him out wide. Even if not scoring or creating in the middle, his mere presence in that role caused opp players to panic and double/triple up on him, which in turn opened up space for others (Lakaku, Coleman, mirallas)

If it ain't broke don't try fixing it!!
Big dunc needs to be having a word in Bobby's ear...

Lovely 'killer ball' from him today like..

Like someone said on here before one minute he's playing DM, then the next CAM then on the wing all with different players. How the hell is the lad supposed to develop in this way?

Ross and the other 10 men on the pitch need consistency and chemistry not chopping and changing every week.

He's not being played in his correct position, and until he is he will not become the player he can be.

He's a central midfielder, in the gerrard mould, he can play number 10 but he gets heavily marked that high up the pitch, playing him deeper gives him time and space to assess the way he goes forward or spreads a pass, a la QPR game, him and Besic were a perfectly balanced pairing.

Yet Martinez can't wait to get Barry back in who is well off his form of last season, I'd love to see Besic and Barkley form a partnership and add McCarthy in there aswell, that midfield 3 could boss any team in this league.

Martinez just does not see it though, the entire team needs to be based around those 3 in midfield.

He's not being played in his correct position, and until he is he will not become the player he can be.

He's a central midfielder, in the gerrard mould, he can play number 10 but he gets heavily marked that high up the pitch, playing him deeper gives him time and space to assess the way he goes forward or spreads a pass, a la QPR game, him and Besic were a perfectly balanced pairing.

Yet Martinez can't wait to get Barry back in who is well off his form of last season, I'd love to see Besic and Barkley form a partnership and add McCarthy in there aswell, that midfield 3 could boss any team in this league.

Martinez just does not see it though, the entire team needs to be based around those 3 in midfield.
Personally I don't think our form will turn around until Martinez sees that Besic, Barkley and McCarthy in midfield are the future with two proper wide players to stretch their defence across the 18 yard box to give him and Rom space to play. Unfortunately we'll need to wait till January before we have the personnel if we even get them then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back