Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the world class tag get banded around to much
But I disagree that most world class players are world class at 21
I think it's more to do with consistency
Three of the best English prem midfielders talked about are lampard scholes and Gerrard
Must admit I wasn't watching these guys week in week out in their early days
But remember seeing lampard at West Ham and thinking what was all the fuse about

Even gerrard think he scored about 10goals in his 1st 100 games for Liverpool
People talk about Gerard's passing
But last season even with Sturridge Suarez & Stirling infringed of him
He didn't get loads of assists from open play most came from set pieces

And scholes, I think he was 22 when he came on in the cup final against us in 95
Barkley has probably only started the equivalent of probably one full prem season

Think people on here need to give the lad a break

If in 2 yrs and when he has over 100 prem starts under his belt and maybe 50 in the same position
Then fair enough if he's still showing inconsistencies to his game
Lampard and Gerrard never were world class and Scholes could at least consistently play a decent through ball to a striker at age 21

Well put Stephen. It's not just his age people forget it's the fact he's barely played any football due to injuries. He needs games, at least another two seasons without any major injuries before we will really know how he will turn out. Playing him on the left doesn't work, Martinez has to make the decision to either bench him or play him in his position.

Personally I don't think he should be played in cm, even when he plays well he makes mistakes because of his inexperience. Play him in am and give him a run of games there. It means benching naismith but if Barkley is going to get anywhere near what he could be he needs games.
Send him on loan to Tranmere if games are what he needs to "learn"

Personally I don't think our form will turn around until Martinez sees that Besic, Barkley and McCarthy in midfield are the future with two proper wide players to stretch their defence across the 18 yard box to give him and Rom space to play. Unfortunately we'll need to wait till January before we have the personnel if we even get them then.
We have the personel, we have all the parts of a well balanced team, it's just Martinez can't see what is blatantly obvious to most of us and is still playing good players out of position to accommodate his "Favorites".

There is a lid on another forum who is well connected, he has info all the time, and he says the team is split on the way Martinez is asking them to play, morale is low and Eto'o and Barry are the two main men in the dressing room trying to galvanize the team, so this explains Martinez seeing Barry as one of the leaders in the squad, so he must play him, rather like Moyes with Neville.

We have the personel, we have all the parts of a well balanced team, it's just Martinez can't see what is blatantly obvious to most of us and is still playing good players out of position to accommodate his "Favorites".

There is a lid on another forum who is well connected, he has info all the time, and he says the team is split on the way Martinez is asking them to play, morale is low and Eto'o and Barry are the two main men in the dressing room trying to galvanize the team, so this explains Martinez seeing Barry as one of the leaders in the squad, so he must play him, rather like Moyes with Neville.
Everyone is ITK :-)

Until you can tell me who plays on the left wing ill stick to my view we don't have the personnel.

I said when Naismith got injured that Eto'o was ahead of him in the ACM role and "development" wasn't the reason he was pushed out wide but rather Martinez doesn't trust him there.

Well Eto'o hasn't worked and now we're playing Baines there.

However to be honest I'm beginng to loose faith myself that Barkley can play that role.

some clueless whoppers on here are going to be gutted when he becomes one of the best on the planet
He's shown glimpses of it, thats it. I've never seen him have two good games in a row.

I spoke my mind after the Stoke game and fans jumped on me for it, he's a player you can't berate at all, everyone fully believes he's a superstar BEFORE he is.

He stunk out the place against Stoke and yesterday what he did was a joke, a perfect pass to Newcastle for their goal, then when we needed to score in the dying minutes instead of passing to a blue shirt he dribbles into trouble, loses it then walks away.

All hype no product.

He needs to be more consistent. That will only come through giving him a run in his best position and building a team around maximising this. Strengthen the defence around him and play him next to McCarthy with attacking options ahead of him

Barkley is all hype, going to keep saying that because it will be easier to take when we realise he's just another average player.

Edit; he will cost us more goals and more points if he plays in the middle too, Martinez can't trust to play him in the centre most of the time because he gives the ball away so often in a game. Just my 2 cents

I don't know what you see thru your eyes but "consistantly misplaces 5 yard passes" ?? I must be watching different games!

Granted he's not mastered having that decisive killer ball as yet but tbh there's only Etoo in our team who seems to have that ability.

It's a scandle what RM has done to him this year by playing him out wide. Even if not scoring or creating in the middle, his mere presence in that role caused opp players to panic and double/triple up on him, which in turn opened up space for others (Lakaku, Coleman, mirallas)

If it ain't broke don't try fixing it!!
Big dunc needs to be having a word in Bobby's ear...
Too bad Eto'o [Poor language removed] all of them up. Useless.

He's shown glimpses of it, thats it. I've never seen him have two good games in a row.

I spoke my mind after the Stoke game and fans jumped on me for it, he's a player you can't berate at all, everyone fully believes he's a superstar BEFORE he is.

He stunk out the place against Stoke and yesterday what he did was a joke, a perfect pass to Newcastle for their goal, then when we needed to score in the dying minutes instead of passing to a blue shirt he dribbles into trouble, loses it then walks away.

All hype no product.
LOL, your going to be very embarrassed, if you can't see his talent you shouldn't be watching football, he mis controlled a ball after correctly tracking his man, a joke? it happens, but no, that moment is cast iron evidence to fools like you, he will be the best english player in 5 years, maybe even greater like that, but you can enjoy the moment while he is out of form and out of position, if it makes you feel right for a while, because you're going to be feeling very wrong in the long term

Barkley is all hype, going to keep saying that because it will be easier to take when we realise he's just another average player.

Edit; he will cost us more goals and more points if he plays in the middle too, Martinez can't trust to play him in the centre most of the time because he gives the ball away so often in a game. Just my 2 cents
hahahahaha, bet you are an osman fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back