Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you wearing Barkley is the best pjs and crying?

Some people refuse to say he's done anything wrong, it happened after Stoke, he was abysmal yet people defended him by saying "someone else was worse" like that makes it ok.

One good game in ten does not a world beater make.

Rodwell had similar ways.

I agree Barkley has a long way to go but he's got a lot more about him than Rodwell. How we as a club duped everyone into believing he had talent was beyond me.

I agree Barkley has a long way to go but he's got a lot more about him than Rodwell. How we as a club duped everyone into believing he had talent was beyond me.
Rodwell looked a very accomplished youngster when he started out,very stylish,looked like he was developing into a box to box player as well,injuries and probably the quote "too much Birkdale,not enough Kirkdale" rang true,didn't appear to have enough desire IMHO.

That Birkdale Kirkdale quote sums up Barkley too. 6ft 2 massive yet hes scared to go in for a tackle and prances about without working hard. No point having all tge talent in the world if you havent got tge work ethic

That Birkdale Kirkdale quote sums up Barkley too. 6ft 2 massive yet hes scared to go in for a tackle and prances about without working hard. No point having all tge talent in the world if you havent got tge work ethic

If you had suffered a triple leg break and knee ligament damage by age 21 wouldn't you be a bit concerned going in to tackles against full grown men?

It's common for players to be edgy after knee career ending injuries

Can't believe I just read that, Barkley's not played well this season except for the QPR game (still the only time he's been played in that deeper central position!?) but to say he's not a hard worker or shows no desire is crazy! Him and Mirallas are the only two that always look angry and try something when we're in trouble.

Can't believe I just read that, Barkley's not played well this season except for the QPR game (still the only time he's been played in that deeper central position!?) but to say he's not a hard worker or shows no desire is crazy! Him and Mirallas are the only two that always look angry and try something when we're in trouble.

Exactly. It's a common theme for evertonians to slag off our best players, Barkley and Lukaku are this year's pair whilst Mirallas was last season/season before.

Funny how Eto'o goes 9 games without a goal yet is "cool' 'a legend' and no one says boo and Naismith has a purple patch and is limited yet he is untouchable.

Evertonians love a clogger. It's how osman and Hibbert have survived so long at the club.

He's 21 he's gonna get better( hopefully) but he ain't no Gazza thats for sure. All I see in here is a load of excuses as to why he's not performing well.

He had a very good game in central midfield against QPR. This is surely his best position.. Not number 10, not left wing, not right wing. If he has a run of games there he'll come good.

BUT... Does that put him in competition with James McCarthy for the place?

Thing about "world class" players is they pull it out the bag when their team needs them. Well Mr Barkley we sure as hell need a performance soon.

He had a very good game in central midfield against QPR. This is surely his best position.. Not number 10, not left wing, not right wing. If he has a run of games there he'll come good.

BUT... Does that put him in competition with James McCarthy for the place?

It shouldnt, but under Martinez it probably will.... though what would be wrong with him, Besic and McCarthy in midfield?

Thing about "world class" players is they pull it out the bag when their team needs them. Well Mr Barkley we sure as hell need a performance soon.

He isn't world class atm that's the point. HOWEVER if we develop him right (no shoving out wide) he has every chance to be.

How gutting would it be to leave him on the bench or sell him then see him be a bale type player for another club before getting a £60 mil+ move to a madrid/barca whilst your sat wondering what if.

People need patience with ross it's criminal how fans are on his and lukakus backs when martinez is to blame for his awful team selections/ tactics and Naismith and eto'o hindering their developments by being played in barkleys position and for not linking up with rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back