Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
His problems are all in his head as far as I can see. Decision-making, fear of injury, decisiveness in passes and shots, wafer-thin confidence etc.

He's had years to deal with all that and is still the most talented player the country has produced in a very long time, so it's frustrating.

Gonna be Rodwell mk2 if he's not careful. All the technique in the world but doesn't show the aggression, desire, determination etc required to make it big in the premier league right now. Has the air of an overseas signing who has torn up the Portuguese league but hasn't adjusted to the English game. Doesn't really deserve a starting place currently.

Summed up perfectly. He doesn't have the hunger or fire you see in Rooney or Gerrard, when Rooney gave the ball away, he would come sprinting back with steam coming out of his ears and you knew he was going to win it back or get a booking. Gerrard was the same at Liverpool before his legs went, he would be the first one getting back and throwing a great tackle in. You cant coach that mentality, you either have it or dont, and Ross definitely hasnt.

Summed up perfectly. He doesn't have the hunger or fire you see in Rooney or Gerrard, when Rooney gave the ball away, he would come sprinting back with steam coming out of his ears and you knew he was going to win it back or get a booking. Gerrard was the same at Liverpool before his legs went, he would be the first one getting back and throwing a great tackle in. You cant coach that mentality, you either have it or dont, and Ross definitely hasnt.

Its a shame,

I always thought Barkley would do fine interchanging with two others across midfield, same as the likes of Silva, Nasri, Sanchez, Oscar, Hazard, etc do. He just doesn't seem to have the intelligence, though.

It's like watching Forrest Gump.

If big money comes in for him I would get rid. He is seriously overrated! Does my head in when he just strolls around when we haven't got the ball like he is a superstar!

Harsh the lot of you! Ha...

Will still be amazing. Zidane didn't charge round the pitch with steam coming out his ears...

He's been injured, then played out posistion, then surrounded by out of form players....he's not had a chance to get going. ALL players need some form and confidence. Young soon to be superstars are no different

He needs to be given time. He also needs to improve cetain parts of his game. At the moment he loses possession too often.He needs to learn that everything you do doesn't have to be brilliant. Eperience and some patience plus the occasional kick up the arse is what's required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back