Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bearing in mind he's going to continue improving over the next 6 or 7 years, he's going to be one hell of a player.

I agree with some of you that his decision making, etc. could do with improving but that'll get better with experience.

He's awesome.

Appalling tonight and to be honest he has been woeful all season aside from one good goal he's scored. Something isn't right. Probably didn't help that the manager kept saying how amazing he is and will be, etc.

He needs to be given time. He also needs to improve cetain parts of his game. At the moment he loses possession too often.He needs to learn that everything you do doesn't have to be brilliant. Eperience and some patience plus the occasional kick up the arse is what's required.

Have you seen how many times naismith loses possession, and lakaku and besic and which ever winger we play opposite mirallas.

Players are judged so differently on here. What's bad for one is ok for another.

I tell u one thing...he would of stuck a penalty into the top corner!

Harsh the lot of you! Ha...

Will still be amazing. Zidane didn't charge round the pitch with steam coming out his ears...

He's been injured, then played out posistion, then surrounded by out of form players....he's not had a chance to get going. ALL players need some form and confidence. Young soon to be superstars are no different

Maybe not but the game is changing now. Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi etc are the worlds best but you still see them putting in the work, tracking back, closing down. Mourinho laid into Hazard about doing his work when the opposition had the ball and tracking back, yet he was creating all kinds of chances going forward. If these playeds have to help doing the dirty work, then there is no excuse for anyone else. In the modern game there is no room for these luxury players because if they dont have defensive duties but are not creating chances/producing that bit of magic then you may as well be playing with 10 men.

Have you seen how many times naismith loses possession, and lakaku and besic and which ever winger we play opposite mirallas.

Players are judged so differently on here. What's bad for one is ok for another.

I tell u one thing...he would of stuck a penalty into the top corner!

Its not about the losing possession though, its about what he does when he loses it. He is the type of player that will try something and lose it and people (or I) can accept that. What we cant accept is a non attempt at trying to win it back, the shirking of challenges or the lack of closing down a opposition player even when he's 10 yards away. I had a problem with Lukaku doing the same, however the penny seems to have dropped with him and the last 3 games has seen him do more of the ugly work required.

There's no doubt he needs to start putting in more effort to win the ball back, but if he could just start showing more aggression and conviction when he has the ball that would be a start and at least get him back to last seasons level. He's so easily persuaded it's not his day at the moment - a few tough tackles, one bad pass or not getting a refs decision. Opponents can smell it. It reeks of a confidence issue - if he could have a few weeks off to reset his mind it might help I think, much like it seems to have helped Rom.

I think his problem is.... he's as thick as pigsh*t

All this hooey about 'football intelligence', you actually need a bit of actual intelligence as well - He looks like a gorm on a football pitch, especially when he gives the ball away and let's his man drift past him like a f*cking zephyr

All this hooey about 'football intelligence', you actually need a bit of actual intelligence as well - He looks like a gorm on a football pitch, especially when he gives the ball away and let's his man drift past him like a f*cking zephyr

puts on red hot chilli peppers - zephyr song

With comments like that- mods need to look at that post a disgrace to be a blues fan!

Appalling tonight and to be honest he has been woeful all season aside from one good goal he's scored. Something isn't right. Probably didn't help that the manager kept saying how amazing he is and will be, etc.

And the alternative would be?? Ross your crap son just give the ball to Ossie and watch him go.. Your right thou something not right... I blame Hodgson...

Maybe not but the game is changing now. Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi etc are the worlds best but you still see them putting in the work, tracking back, closing down. Mourinho laid into Hazard about doing his work when the opposition had the ball and tracking back, yet he was creating all kinds of chances going forward. If these playeds have to help doing the dirty work, then there is no excuse for anyone else. In the modern game there is no room for these luxury players because if they dont have defensive duties but are not creating chances/producing that bit of magic then you may as well be playing with 10 men.

Great post.

I really watched him closely during the Stoke game and the last time I saw a performance of such little heart in a blue shirt, the proud owner was Stefan Rehn.

He is nowhere near as good as he is cracked up to be here. His lack of effort has not been something I will easily forget. Mc Geady is the current fall guy but at least he puts a shift in when we are not in possession.

He is not the real deal. Too good to tackle. Too good to track back.

Starting to look like a Brenda Rogers vanity project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back