Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been atrocious for a while now except for a couple of decent goals..

He needs dropping, and if someone offered 40 million I'd bite thier hands off...

Remember Jeffers and Cadamatri.....

Erm yeah....remember Wayne Roone !?!

21 year old player out of postion in bad form shocker...perspective ffs!!

Last night I was surprised by now not arsed he seemed to feel about putting pressure on the ball, making himself available , or generally showing some commitment. I thought it was one of his worst performances to date.
Totally agree he stunk the place out. Don't know wether he's sulking about being out of position or just badly out of form. Wouldnt be too bothered if he played badly but put a shift in

Yeah and we got 30 mil for him 10 years a go....

Rooney was a one off, most decent prospects don't make it after a few hyped years. I'm not saying Ross won't, but there's a good chance he won't live up to it...

Rooney was a one off, most decent prospects don't make it after a few hyped years. I'm not saying Ross won't, but there's a good chance he won't live up to it...

Other players have nothing at all to do with Ross, but i dont see any of then with 10 england caps and a world cup under their belt.

Its us that is hyping him up....and then when he has a poor game we go the complete opposite and destroy him.

Im sorry mate, but that is not support at all, not 1 bit.

Lazy is a very "lazy" critiszm to throw at him!!

It's not his style to run round like Naismith does. I do myself sometimes think stick your foot in ross but it's simply not the type of player he is. He is however the type of player who can do magical things with the ball AND even when played deeper dictate games.

He needs someone to do the running for him. Does carry a fair bit of timber round with him!

Most of it around his backside! He was horrible last night and I'm not having his attitude at the moment at all. He needs dropping . I don't care if he's Messi , the hole we're in at the moment, hanging on for a ' moment of magic' every blue moon is not what we need.

Selling Rooney was what gave us the launchpad for ten solid years rather than being involved in dogs of war relegation battles year on year, we were never in a million years going to be able to hold on to him for beyond another season or two
so good piece of business.

Other players have nothing at all to do with Ross, but i dont see any of then with 10 england caps and a world cup under their belt.

Its us that is hyping him up....and then when he has a poor game we go the complete opposite and destroy him.

Im sorry mate, but that is not support at all, not 1 bit.
Don't be ridiculous. Just because you don't like my opinion. I'd sell him for 40 million for the good of the club..

He hasn't been played out of position in the last two games.

He needs dropped for a couple of games to get his head right. He looks to be lost and playing with no confidence and at 21 in his 2nd season, one that has been disrupted by injury with a team playing badly maybe it's not that surprising so we shouldn't be too harsh.

Exactly. Same with Barkley, sell at his peak value. To benefit us more long term...
Agree. There's just too many variables with Barkley right now. Rooney was guaranteed to be a star (even if he hasn't met the Ronaldo/Messi standard which many quite rightfully believed he was capable of), but Barkley appears to be highly gifted technically but there are flaws which will/may hold him back.

For a club like Everton, who are still undeniably a selling club and rely on turning a profit on developing players, I don't see him being the player we build a team around and go on and be successful. An offer of £40m right now, we'd have to take it. It could strengthen the whole team substantially.

Agree. There's just too many variables with Barkley right now. Rooney was guaranteed to be a star (even if he hasn't met the Ronaldo/Messi standard which many quite rightfully believed he was capable of), but Barkley appears to be highly gifted technically but there are flaws which will/may hold him back.

For a club like Everton, who are still undeniably a selling club and rely on turning a profit on developing players, I don't see him being the player we build a team around and go on and be successful. An offer of £40m right now, we'd have to take it. It could strengthen the whole team substantially.
No one is going to offer 40m. It's a pointless conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back