Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. There's just too many variables with Barkley right now. Rooney was guaranteed to be a star (even if he hasn't met the Ronaldo/Messi standard which many quite rightfully believed he was capable of), but Barkley appears to be highly gifted technically but there are flaws which will/may hold him back.

For a club like Everton, who are still undeniably a selling club and rely on turning a profit on developing players, I don't see him being the player we build a team around and go on and be successful. An offer of £40m right now, we'd have to take it. It could strengthen the whole team substantially.
Yep, we need to concentrate on the now players, McCarthy, mirallas, besic, stones etc.. 30-40 mil would buy 3-5 decent players.
Unfortunately I can see him going City/Chelsea and doing a Rodwell...

Would take 30
I don't think anyone would offer that either.

He can't play midfield because he doesn't tackle. He can't play No10 because he dithers on the ball and can't play passes in a compressed space like which the top clubs normally face. He doesn't put in a shift. Right now would you pay 30m which could buy a player like Bony?

I'm not saying he won't improve all those things. He's young and just going through a bad period but it would be far too risky for any buyer club.

I think his value will begin to plummet quite drastically if he carries on in this vein. I can envisage a £20m+ appearance fees if we sold him right now.
That's a more realistic price right now which means we would never sell. So therefore this is a pointless conversation.

Martinez is ruining him.

That is all.
He should never have been playing on the wing. Now that he's moved to the centre he looks like he's forgotten what to do.

I never bought this whole argument that it was developing his game, he was doing it because he wanted to fit Naismith and Eto'o into the team.

Unfortunately when Ross has played there he looks to have been proven right but we will never know what if he had of started Ross with wingers on either side.

That's a more realistic price right now which means we would never sell. So therefore this is a pointless conversation.
We would never sell, but we should. His value will barely be £12-15m by year-end, at this rate.

We played a blinder getting shut of Rodwell when we did, no-one has a second thought about that lad anymore.

He will still come good. Too many people seem ready to throw the towel in on Ross. The injury to start the season surely set him back. He is on a bad patch, but he will be back on form soon. Now is not the time to sell him.. not even for £50m.

We would never sell, but we should. His value will barely be £12-15m by year-end, at this rate.

We played a blinder getting shut of Rodwell when we did, no-one has a second thought about that lad anymore.
No I thought we should have sold Rodwell. Ross is a far better player. He's just young going through an iffy period.

He should never have been playing on the wing. Now that he's moved to the centre he looks like he's forgotten what to do.

I never bought this whole argument that it was developing his game, he was doing it because he wanted to fit Naismith and Eto'o into the team.

Unfortunately when Ross has played there he looks to have been proven right but we will never know what if he had of started Ross with wingers on either side.

He is better than Naismith and should be playing in the position where he caused so much damage last season.

For me, it's a simple case of Martinez trying to be too clever with him in an attempt to make himself look smart and showing Ross needs to develop and play in other areas too.

Can you imagine anybody playing Gascoigne out wide? No, me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back